Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Is it me or are broadheads getting ridiculous? >

Is it me or are broadheads getting ridiculous?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is it me or are broadheads getting ridiculous?

Old 01-26-2010, 12:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default Is it me or are broadheads getting ridiculous?

Is it me or are broadheads just getting more and more ridiculous. Seems like people are starting to rely more on how big of a hole a broadhead makes instead of worrying about shot placement which IMHO is more crucial than how big of a hole you make. Dont get me wrong a good size entry and exit wound is good but does it really matter if we almost cut the animal were hunting in half? Whats next people shooting chainsaws out of there bows?
Old 01-26-2010, 01:12 PM
Fork Horn

Not only that but the price is beginning to get rediculous...
Old 01-26-2010, 01:16 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Down&OutHunting
Is it me or are broadheads just getting more and more ridiculous. Seems like people are starting to rely more on how big of a hole a broadhead makes instead of worrying about shot placement which IMHO is more crucial than how big of a hole you make. Dont get me wrong a good size entry and exit wound is good but does it really matter if we almost cut the animal were hunting in half? Whats next people shooting chainsaws out of there bows?

I can see the commercial now Chuck Adams holding a rusty homelite with that Freddy Krueger look saying “It’s like throwing a chainsaw through an animal” Lmao
Old 01-26-2010, 01:25 PM
Fork Horn

haha ya good point.......every1 seems to think they need to keep up.
look at thunderhead. besides there new head this year they very rarely do any advertising and i can say i have never seen one on tv. they obviously do fine becuz they are still in business. some of that advertising is a waste of a lot of $$$$$$$$
Old 01-26-2010, 01:26 PM
bigcountry

Its marketing. People keep watching TV shows and hunting videos, and all the sudden feel they can't kill a deer without the newest whiz bang. I went down this road myself at one time, and have came back to thunderheads, and magnus 2 blade. Can't say I ever killed more deer with the newer ones.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I will say the quality of broadheads is much better than what we were shooting back in the 60s and 70s...

I still shoot Muzzys and Thunderheads...
Old 01-26-2010, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

i dont know anyone who thinks that!
obviously

If they keep making better broadheads then i will keep buying them
Old 01-26-2010, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator

Yep, I know a few bowhunters who do that. A young bowhunter was telling me about purposely aiming at the guts of a deer if that is the only clear shot he had because of the cutting area of his mech head. All I could do was shake my head because there was no arguing with him.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Cougar Mag
Yep, I know a few bowhunters who do that. A young bowhunter was telling me about purposely aiming at the guts of a deer if that is the only clear shot he had because of the cutting area of his mech head. All I could do was shake my head because there was no arguing with him.

That's one of my fears with all the advertising around the large heads. That's unacceptable.

They are great for marginal shots but marginal shots should never be taken intentionally.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

A big drawback to the commercialization of hunting is that we get people advertising products to make money, regardless of the true efficacy of the product, or in some cases the products are as such that only a portion of the hunting population can really effectively use them. Expandable BH's are certainly one such product. And I agree, the BIGGER cutting diameter is certainly a "double-edged sword," no pun intended..... When a company has a "Get your game guarantee......" Then we really in the overall realm have a PROBLEM, and how much are they jacking up the prices for advertising???? Enough.....that's for sure!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.