HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Anyone had problems with Mathews bows? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/315737-anyone-had-problems-mathews-bows.html)

Down&OutHunting 01-24-2010 08:35 AM

Anyone had problems with Mathews bows?

A friend of mine has a Mathews drenalin and has had nothing but limb problems with it. Last year he had the lower limb shatter on it and got pretty cut up and walked away pretty lucky. He then contacted mathews and told them about it and he had to send the whole bow in. When he got the bow back the replaced his limbs with black ones and it was a camo bow. He wasnt to happy and sent it back. It then took 4 months for him to get his bow back. This fall we were hunting and he drew back and noticed something wrong and his string had come off the cam. has anyone experienced these problems with mathews or no. My brother lives by them and has never had a problem aand he owns 3 mathews bows. He just recently purchased the Z7 and for me not being a mathews guy its a great bow. But i was just wondering if anyone else has experienced problems with mathews or any other company?

MeanV2 01-24-2010 08:56 AM

I don't shoot Mathews curently, but I have owned 6 of them and Never had an issue. I also have a couple of friends that still shoot Mathews and I can't remember any problems they've had off hand.

Actually I have owned at least a dozen brands and only had problems with one brand.

Dan

bigcountry 01-24-2010 09:05 AM

Out of the all the mfg of bows, I have heard the least (problems) about mathews or the drenalin. In 2003 or 04, they had thier own rash of bad limbs. I know 3 people with the drenalin and no problems as of yet.

gutshot 01-24-2010 03:02 PM

I've shot nothing but Mathews bows for the lasr 10 or 11 years and have not had a single problem.

AR Bowhunter 01-24-2010 03:34 PM

I have a Z7 ordered should be here in FEB or March, have been shooting a LX since 2003 never had any problems. Before that it was Hoyt with no problems either.

bigbulls 01-24-2010 04:11 PM

The drenalin has known problems with the limbs breaking. They would typically break right at the rear of the limb "pocket".

125py 01-24-2010 07:00 PM

i have shot a Mathews Outback since 2004 and had zero problems with it.

diamondrack 01-25-2010 04:46 AM

Mathews had a ton of problems back in the "Switchback" days.. I have heard of a few with some of their newer bows... But it sounds like your buddy had a mild cause of bad luck..

moose1915 01-25-2010 06:05 AM

Pretty trouble free as far as i've seen. I've had NOTHING but good service from thier warranty department, great customer service. U can get a lemon in any flavor , though.

He should have ZERO trobles with his Z7

jddeadeye 01-25-2010 08:52 AM

I have a buddy who has had problems with his switchback. He can't seem to get it tuned properly. He is taking in to a shop in town that specializes in mathews bows. There supposably the number one mathews dealer in the world. They said all they can do now is have him send it in. Im sure its just a lemon though, it can happen. By the way im a bowtech guy right now but loved the Z7 when I shot it.