Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Anyone had problems with Mathews bows? >

Anyone had problems with Mathews bows?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone had problems with Mathews bows?

Old 01-30-2010, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Damon
My buddy just bought a Z7 today, got it all set up with HIGH end accesories, pulled it back 1/2 way on dry fire and it exploded, bottom limb shattered.

he dry fired it and it broke, what did you expect? i don't care how high end the accessories were, you dry fire a bow, it can break. there is NO reason to draw ANY bow without an arrow in it.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by NatureBoy09
I have had the same problem with the string coming off the top cam while drawing back. On both the Outback and my Switchback it happen three times, once with the Outback and just this last yr. with my Switchback. Everytime, thier customer service email reply was and also the pro shop, said that it was the way i was drawing my bow back, that i was putting unnessisary torque on the string while i draw it back. I will never purchase another Mathews nor will I ever recomend one again, not after that kind of reply.
truth hurts, eh?
Old 01-31-2010, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm still shooting a 2003 Mathews LX that I purchased new. Zero problems with the bow.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by buttonbuckmaster
I'm still shooting a 2003 Mathews LX that I purchased new. Zero problems with the bow.
I have thought about getting one those string stops for my LX that the Z7 has on it this year. What do you think?
Old 01-31-2010, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

He was goin commando wearin cutoff sweat pants...and the cam grabbed the sweats and his junk went with it...he says he has some pretty nasty scars

Originally Posted by armallardslayer
what was his "junk" doing out of his pants while drawing his bow?
Old 01-31-2010, 02:54 PM
Fork Horn

I have shot my SQ2 for the past two seasons with no problems at all. I bought it off Archery Talk and it has been awesome. I bought a Switchback XT off Archery Talk and had the same problem with it that someone had mentioned earlier, I could not get mine tuned right. It had a nasty twang to it and I just never liked the way it shot. I ended up selling it. I just bought (a few months ago) a Drenalin off Archery Talk also and it is really a sweet shooting bow. I think it's right when said that you get lemons with every kind of bow and Mathews are no exception to that. I have had good luck with 2 out of the 3 bows I had. I have never dealt with Mathews at all so I can't speak on their customer service at all.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

One of my bows is a 96 Z- Light.....not a single problem!!
Old 01-31-2010, 03:37 PM
Fork Horn

My Legacy has been nothing but trouble.....

I have to keep dragging deer after deer after deer out of the timber.