Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Anyone had problems with Mathews bows? >

Anyone had problems with Mathews bows?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone had problems with Mathews bows?

Old 01-27-2010, 10:38 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Rob/PA Bowyer
why is it we don't read of the same limb issues with the exact same bows that are still out there?
Many reasons I suppose. Bowtech Reps for instance said they worked with Gordon glass to correct issues on the 06-07 allegience issues. Maybe they work with the supplier to fix it.

When my limb splintered on my 04 liberty, 2 years ago, I got new limbs, and a bowtech dealer did put them back on for me and then I sold it last year after hunting season. Well, just a month ago the buyer wrote me and said they have splintered again. So I am not sure we don't hear about em. Most get sold, and end up with a 3rd owner.

I maybe wrong but I consider the Apple pro with hydrolics and parallel limb adaptors to be the cadilac of presses. I am not sure how pressing at the tips could cause issues.

But I have to admit, very interesting point you bring up

Old 01-27-2010, 10:43 AM
bigcountry

I do know this. A dealer I now do business with in PA and does know Matt and yourself (thinks he does), told me the other day he was accused of wrongly pressing a bow. Not going to say which mfg accused him. But he just rolled his eyes and "whatever, I only been pressing bows for 20 years". He also said when one mfg went thru a bad run of cams that every bent cam that came thru, the mfg always without fail said "dryfire". When he is 100% sure all was not.

Old 01-29-2010, 07:10 AM
Typical Buck

I shoot a DXT and have never had a problem, I know plenty of other people that shoot them and nothing bad from them either.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:17 AM
Dominant Buck

I was under the impression that you (Rob) had issues with your '06 ally and limb splintering?????

I sold my 2007 allegiance, and the new owner (a friend) had to have the limbs replaced (warped).

I never, personally, experienced any problems with BT products.....or Mathews (I owned a Switchback for the better part of 2 seasons).

Last edited by GMMAT; 01-29-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Wow and I thought this was a Mathews?

What am I hiding something Jeff? http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/3565792-post16.html Which I'm still shooting today with the original limbs. Your point?

Last edited by Rob/PA Bowyer; 01-29-2010 at 06:42 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:43 PM
Dominant Buck

Unless you answer my question.....I have no idea.

I know I'm not (hiding anything). I gave my experience with Mathews as well as Bowtech.

It IS a Mathews thread. I was just following the current protocol, listing all bows I have experience with (like others have, before me).

If I broke a forum rule (or RULES), I'm sure you'll let me know (again).

Last edited by GMMAT; 01-29-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

i took mine to a pro-shop...he called mathews, no questions asked they over nighted 2 limbs, pro-shop charged me $25 to put them on, i sent the bill to mathews and was reimbursed in3-4 weeks. and the limbs were broke cause my buddy got his peker caught in the cam when he drew...when he released, it junk went through the other way, so he had to re-draw to get his junk out!!!this broke the limbs.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:53 AM
Fork Horn

No problems at all with mine MQ1........every dealer doesn't know how to tune them though. I took mine to a Mathews dealer and had new cables and string put on and they didn't time it right.....took it to another shop and a young lady in there timed it perfectly.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:55 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
i took mine to a pro-shop...he called mathews, no questions asked they over nighted 2 limbs, pro-shop charged me $25 to put them on, i sent the bill to mathews and was reimbursed in3-4 weeks. and the limbs were broke cause my buddy got his peker caught in the cam when he drew...when he released, it junk went through the other way, so he had to re-draw to get his junk out!!!this broke the limbs.
What was his "junk" doing out of his pants while drawing his bow?
Old 01-30-2010, 10:09 AM
Typical Buck

Mathews experience:

2002 Mathews Q2 - No Issues
2005 Mathews Switchback - No Issues
2010 Mathews Z7 - No Issues Thus Far

Mathews is an amazing company with an unparalleled reputation that boast the best customer service and IMO the best bow on the market.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.