Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Hoyt Maxxis 31 vs Hoyt Alphamax 32 >

Hoyt Maxxis 31 vs Hoyt Alphamax 32

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hoyt Maxxis 31 vs Hoyt Alphamax 32

Old 01-24-2010, 04:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default Hoyt Maxxis 31 vs Hoyt Alphamax 32

I am going to shoot these two bows in a few days i was just kind of wondering what to expect. whats the price difference between the two bows. What bows supposed to be smoother less vibration if any1s shot either one or both please let me know your feedback.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ive shot them both and their both solid shooters, you cant go wrong with either. If i remember correctly the maxxis was 860 and the am was 799 i think. If i had to chose one id take the maxxis. To me, it felt that the maxxis had a bit better draw. And the am had a slight bit of viabration after the shot, nothing a good stablizer can fix. Really they were both apples to apples but i felt the maxxis was a bit better. If you can, shoot the alphaburner as well. That bow had them all beat.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have shot them both also. Personally I preferred the AlphaMax over the Maxxis.

Bow choice is a personal thing. Best thing to do is go take a day to spend at the shop shooting them both and find out what's Best for You. I doubt cost difference is enough to use as a factor in your purchase, both are around $720 in this area.

Dan
Old 01-24-2010, 07:23 AM
bigcountry

I think hoyt has failed to market the maxxis properly. I have searched high and low can can't find why I should go with one or the other. Business wise I don't think it is wise to have products that directly compete with each other. Consumers like to be led to buy one or the other.

For instance, this is where bowtech shines. You really won't find competing products within thier division. One might have longer ATA, one might have longer BH, one might be a screamer, etc, etc. The only exception is if one product is on its way out, like when center pivots came and they were putting the guardian and commander out to pasture that year. This coudl be the same thing for hoyt.

But with all that said, I can't decide either which one I like over the other. I too am thinking of buying a AM35. When shooting, I can't find a complaint in either.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:28 AM
Fork Horn

I just got a new maxxis and love it. It was a hard decision between the alphamax, the alphaburner and the maxxis. I would have been happy with any one of those bows but went with the Maxxis in the end.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:15 AM
Typical Buck

I have an alpha max 32. I like this bow alot. It had big shoes to fill as it replaced a bowtech tribute I still at time regret selling.I just had new strings put on the am and it shoots better than when it was new. Haven't shot the maxis, but like meanv said, it is a personal choice and everyone will feel differently about the same bow. have fun and pick the one that suits you best.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:46 AM
Typical Buck

both are very good bows!
Old 01-25-2010, 04:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

The maxxis is a bit faster. with this it's also a slightly less comfortable draw cycle.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I own an AM32 and have shot the Maxxis several times. To be honest, IMO, the draw cycles are nearly the same. Some say they feel a vibration in the AM32 after the shot, but I have never felt that myself. I believe those that are feeling any vibration at all out of the AM32 or the Maxxis are shooting bows that are not in tune.

Speed wise, they are pretty much the same as well. The Maxxis IBOs a whole 2fps faster. I will say that the Maxxis was a touch, just a touch quieter than the AM, but you really have to listen to notice.

Around my area the AM32 is between $50 and $70 cheaper, so there is very little difference even in price.

I would suggest spending some time shooting both bows, with both sets of cams (xtr and Z3), because changing the cams really affect the feel of both bows. I personally like the Z3 cams better, but it is very much a personal choice.