Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Any reason my group moves around at the range? >

Any reason my group moves around at the range?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Any reason my group moves around at the range?

Old 01-23-2010, 09:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default Any reason my group moves around at the range?

I'll get to the range, and shoot my bow maybe do some fine tuning on the sights to get it where I want and everything. Then maybe 45 minutes or an hour later my group will stay pretty tight but my whole group will move for some reason. Has this ever happened to you? Is it my equipment or me that's doing it do you suppose? I would imagine if it was me my group would spread out more as opposed to actually move. Even at 20 yards last time my group moved like 8 inches down to the right.

I'm shooting a Bear Lights out 28" draw 58lbs with a Vapor Trail string if any of that could make a difference. It's frustrating and I can't figure out what's going on!
Old 01-24-2010, 01:38 AM
Typical Buck

I have had that happen in the past... a possible cause is something being loose. Check and make sure everything is tight. You could go so far as to take off your stablizer, sight, cable guard, etc and re-install them.

-fsh
Old 01-24-2010, 04:43 AM
Fork Horn

Check your string and cables! When the strands start breaking inside the serving it will move your nock position-check it as well. If that isn't it than start a one shot group. Shoot only one shot, pull your arrow and mark on a sheet where it hit. After 15 minutes or longer do it again, and again, after 5 shots that is where the bow is hitting. That is how to adjust your site. PM if you have any questions.
Pat
Old 01-24-2010, 05:30 AM
Fork Horn

Make sure everything is tight. These guys have given you some good advice.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

If your shooting for a while and your groups are moving, sound like your getting tired and your getting sloppy on your form. If your shooting low like you said your propably droping your arm right at the shot causing you to shoot low. Also watch for hand torque, that can be a culprit for bad groups. Hope this helps, good luck.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by MOhunter46
If your shooting for a while and your groups are moving, sound like your getting tired and your getting sloppy on your form. If your shooting low like you said your propably droping your arm right at the shot causing you to shoot low. Also watch for hand torque, that can be a culprit for bad groups. Hope this helps, good luck.
That most likely is the cause.

Dan
Old 01-24-2010, 09:11 AM
Spike

Most likely...form or Grip...too much weight ? I shoot my lights out everyday. It helps me stay in shape and keep my form. Try to keep a clear mind too, and watch out for target panic.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:12 AM
bigcountry

Bow shoulder is getting weak. Notice if after the shot is your shoulder solid or flung to the left?

Old 01-24-2010, 11:00 AM
Fork Horn

I figured if it was me getting sloppy or tired though my group would spread out wouldn't it? As opposed to keeping a tight group but having that group move?
Old 01-25-2010, 03:49 PM
Spike

Default shoulder drop umha'

As stated. Sounds like shoulder drop for sure. Your groups will stay the same because your doing everything correctly. The only problem is your shoulder will tire out on you.... Don't move anything when this happens and come back the next day. If you are right on target again then the case has been solved. Good luck and good hunting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.