Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Bowtech Destroyer >

Bowtech Destroyer

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech Destroyer

Old 01-28-2010, 07:25 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by BowTech_Shooter
I've also owned quite a few Bowtech's of my own and have never had a single problem. .
See here's where I always throw my arms in the air. How is it possible that every corp staff shooter never had the first issue with any of thier bows, and I have had 2 cracked limbs? I have had cam lean so bad, it almost rubbed thru a cable.

Am I really that unlucky? And so has many on this forum. Many very respected folks. But every staff shooter that posts on here has had zero.

You do the math Pat. And everyone on this page do the math.

And come on, would you put a friends job in jeparody just to impress a bunch of people on the internet?

Old 01-28-2010, 07:34 PM
Spike

As I said I only have one MAJOR problem with bowtech and that is the limbs.I really wish they would improve them becouse if they did I would shoot bowtech.I love the way they shoot I just don't trust the limbs.they always had new limbs on my bows everytime they broke but i am not losing out on one more day of hunting due to cheap limbs.its bad when I can get a bowtech for darn near free and i spend a grand on a mathews.I had this whole conversation with the someone at the local pro shop and they had even heard a rep bragging how they got limbs cheaper than anyone in the industry at the ata show last week.thats not nothing to brag about.Just look under any search engine for bowtech limbs and look at all the complants of cracked and defective limbs.There is a problem here and I don't feel it's right
Old 01-28-2010, 07:40 PM
Spike

as I have said before i have owned a few bowtechs,between me and my wife at least a half dozen and every one of them have had the limbs replaced on one three times.If I had to replace my bow every time i had a limb break I would have spent about ten grand in 3 years and had nothing to show for it.I don't make a ton of money so when I buy a bow i want it to last.I would hate to see a young kid spend his whole summers work on this bow to end up cracking a limb after a month or two.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:50 PM
Spike

heres a prime example type in under google
bowtech blew up or bowtech limbs or heck bowtech and look at the results
then replace bowtech with mathews,(mathews blew up,mathews limbs,ect.)

See how many complants bowtech has compare that to any other brand

Thousands of people having the same problem.this is more than just an error.I get there is always a bad apple but this is rediculous
Old 01-28-2010, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
See here's where I always throw my arms in the air. How is it possible that every corp staff shooter never had the first issue with any of thier bows, and I have had 2 cracked limbs? I have had cam lean so bad, it almost rubbed thru a cable.

Am I really that unlucky? And so has many on this forum. Many very respected folks. But every staff shooter that posts on here has had zero.

You do the math Pat. And everyone on this page do the math.

And come on, would you put a friends job in jeparody just to impress a bunch of people on the internet?
BC,

I'm telling my personal experiences and what others say are their stories, true or not, we'll never know I guess...

So in a single word reply yes or no, are you saying I'm not telling the truth about my personal experiences?

Let me also go on to say that I have seen and repaired failures on BowTech bows. Some were the fault of the materials, some were the fault of the users...

One for instance on user error for lack of a better term...

In 2006 I had a guy with a 2005 Allegiance that had both cams bend on him while he was shooting the course at the Erie, PA IBO. He came to the booth, ticked off, swearing, threatening to get drunk and drive home and told me the bow was junk...

He asks me if the bow could be fixed under warranty and at first I wasn't sure but then I look the bow over and had to tell him no...

Why? Because the bow was not even close to being as it was when it left the factory...

Why? Because he personally stripped the finish off of the riser and cams himself then he anodized the riser and buffer polished the cams himself...

Why would this void the warranty? Because he used oven cleaner to strip the anodizing from the cams and the film dip from the riser. It was diagnosed that the cams were overheated from the over cleaner which took the temper out of them.

In the end I put brand new cams on it putting all of the cam spacers back where they "belonged" and told him it would probably be best if he not mess with it as I had it set back to factory specs. Then he was happy and went on his way...

And yes, I've also had to change some limbs over the years. I had to keep records of any and all repairs and from 2000-2009 I changed 9 sets of limbs...And as I said earlier, I attended hundreds of events in that time frame.

And no, I wouldn't want my friends to lose their jobs but you have to ask yourself... Should these people be selling or making products available to people if they don't believe in them?

As a matter of fact, I consider many of the people out there not only good friends but extended family...

So I ask, if they're his family & friends, why come on here and put their jobs in jeopardy? He could have just said he heard it from people but he insisted that it was him family and friends saying this... Had it not been for that I wouldn't have quesitoned it...

I asked him to PM the names to me so it wouldn't be public knowledge and to see who he knows that works there... Just curious is all...
Old 01-28-2010, 09:12 PM
Spike

as you said you worked at bowtech for 6 1/2 years and know many of the uppers and still consider them extended family I am not going to put peoples names out there for that reason.how easy would it be for you to tell someone whats being said outside closed doors and for them to loose there jobs over it.It needs to be known whats going on.And as far as you only seeing 9 sets of limbs in 9 years blow up well I had at least 9 sets personally break on me and that is all from the factory no madifications done to the bow after that period,I still have all three of my mathews and my old pse gamegetter and nothing has ever gone wrong with them.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:35 AM
Dominant Buck

Blacktail.....

I'd trust Bowtechshooter (Pat) to exchange info. with. But, you don't know him. Pat is, however, a straight-shooter.

ANYONE else, here (asking for your info)?

HELL NO!

You don't owe these people anything.....and your word's (this is the internet) as good as anyone else's....no matter what mfr. or "staff" word is in their signature.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by blacktail4ever
i have a big objection to buying this bow right now and this post will probly make people mad but 1 a friend of mine overlooks sales and said the first few shipments of limbs were defective and after not solving the problem they used the ones they thought were good and started putting them together and alot of them were blowing up after assembly,they sent a bunch out and when dealers were opening up the boxes the bows were blown up and they were getting tons back,2nd they were braggin about getting limbs cheaper than anyone at the trade show for $7 something a limb.my friend gets bowtechs free and won't shhot the dystroyer I would just say to wait a few years before trying this let them work out the bugs first before you spend your hard earned money.
Blacktail I see you are at it Again. Your history of posts against BowTechs is there for all to see. No problem with posting a true failure or problem. As all bow companies will have one now and then.

The quality of bows today is really amazing, and BowTech is No different than any others and better than most. I've owned more than a dozen different brands, and 70 to 80 bows in 40 plus years of slingin' arrows. I only had one bow that had a problem and it was Not a BowTech.

I bought my first BowTech in 03 and have owned over 15 since. I have never had the first problem with any of mine. I have hunted with my BowTechs from a sultry 90 degrees in Southern IL to temps out west thay were 25 below zero. I never doubted my Bows ability to get the job done and perform in extreme conditions for a minute.

You will find when it comes to Bashing BowTech it's always the same handful of guys on any given forum. BowTech has grown to what they are today by producing Top Quality Bows that are on the cutting edge of technology.

The Destroyer is No exception!! The Hardcore limbs are the most advanced limbs currently made and the ones I know of that have been dry fired came through with No failures.

Dan
Old 01-29-2010, 05:08 AM
Typical Buck

I don't believe blacktail4ever at all. I have a diamond victory that is more than 5 years old and i have never had a single problem with the bow. ANd i have tons of friends and two brothers who own bowtechs and not one of them ever had a problem with their bows either. I think this guy is really unlucky or is lying...
Old 01-29-2010, 05:17 AM
Banned

I have seen actual pics where this bow has issues with scratches on the limbs and strings being deployed. I even saw pics where a guy got a new 350 destroyer and it had 340 on one limb, and 350 on the other. The pics were removed from this site, but they are still over on AT.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.