Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Bowtech Destroyer >

Bowtech Destroyer

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech Destroyer

Old 01-28-2010, 06:56 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by blacktail4ever
i have a big objection to buying this bow right now and this post will probly make people mad but 1 a friend of mine overlooks sales and said the first few shipments of limbs were defective and after not solving the problem they used the ones they thought were good and started putting them together and alot of them were blowing up after assembly,they sent a bunch out and when dealers were opening up the boxes the bows were blown up and they were getting tons back,2nd they were braggin about getting limbs cheaper than anyone at the trade show for $7 something a limb.my friend gets bowtechs free and won't shhot the dystroyer I would just say to wait a few years before trying this let them work out the bugs first before you spend your hard earned money.
I am all about making these thieving companies do the right thing, but even I have a hard time buying this. The legal implecatons alone would be a bowtech nightmare.

So you say you live in bowtech's hometown and know several who work there?

Old 01-28-2010, 05:51 PM
Spike

yes i live in a town where bowtech is manufactured and have family and many friend who works there to and I use to be all for bowtech,one thing I have to say about bowtech is they are probly one of the smoothest bows I have ever shot,but I have seen more bowtech problems than success.i have owned a allegence,a liberty,and an 82nd airborne,and a diamond marque,and my wife has had two.I finally gave up bowtech after a few seasons ago I was shooting the day before my elk hunt and my limb cracked from top to bottom,this ruined my fisrt week of the hunt,this was the 3rd set of limbs in one year.I have replaced limbs on all the bowtechs I have ever owned.I wish they would up the quality of there bows becouse i do love the way they shoot but I won't shoot a bow I can't trust.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:15 PM
Spike

oh yeah they are finally getting hammered for the limb defects to or at least starting to own up to it.I guess there was a big deal over one of the reps getting hurt by a busted limb If you look up bowtech limbs on google to there is a bunch of info on how bad they are about buying cheap limbs.heres the recal on the general I belive,remember they get all there limbs from the same place,so...... http://www.bowtecharchery.com/latest...on-update.html
Old 01-28-2010, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have a big objection to buying this bow right now and this post will probly make people mad but 1 a friend of mine overlooks sales and said the first few shipments of limbs were defective and after not solving the problem they used the ones they thought were good and started putting them together and alot of them were blowing up after assembly,they sent a bunch out and when dealers were opening up the boxes the bows were blown up and they were getting tons back,2nd they were braggin about getting limbs cheaper than anyone at the trade show for $7 something a limb.my friend gets bowtechs free and won't shhot the dystroyer I would just say to wait a few years before trying this let them work out the bugs first before you spend your hard earned money.

What is your friends name that overlooks sales and what are your family and friends names that work there?

Feel free to PM them to me, as well as your name too if you don't mind...
Old 01-28-2010, 06:34 PM
Spike

look I obviously can't say names I don't want to get nobody in trouble I am not going to put my family or friend jobs on the line for a post on the net
Old 01-28-2010, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

look I obviously can't say names I don't want to get nobody in trouble I am not going to put my family or friend jobs on the line for a post on the net

That's why I asked you to PM them to me. I was just curious to see if I knew any of them...

And what's it gonna hurt to put your name out there? Most of us do...
Old 01-28-2010, 06:43 PM
Spike

I just am not going to risk peoples jobs I have no clue who you are and do not no if you are involved with bowtech it's just respect for these people who work there.if you know the same people you would have heard the same
Old 01-28-2010, 06:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

I just am not going to risk peoples jobs I have no clue who you are and do not no if you are involved with bowtech it's just respect for these people who work there.if you know the same people you would have heard the same
I just several days with all the reps, management, sales and engineer from BowTech and I'm sorry blacktail4ever, some of what your saying simply isn't true.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:06 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Rob/PA Bowyer
I just several days with all the reps, management, sales and engineer from BowTech and I'm sorry blacktail4ever, some of what your saying simply isn't true.
I live in eugene oregon where bowtech is located this is a small town where we all know eachother.I know more people that work there than I can count.i am always talking to these people daily and I hear everything that goes on.i probly know more than you think.i am sure you are hearing what they want you to and not what is really going on in the factory.its a buissness and these people are there to sell to you
Old 01-28-2010, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I worked for them for 6 1/2 years and was invloved with them pretty much since their inception. I know every single person in the front office, most in production, most in WaterDog and everyone in the Pro Shop. Heck, many of the front office people have graciously allowed me to stay at their house when I was out there on my semi annual visits; including John and Jerid Strasheim if you know them, or perhaps they are your family...

What your saying just doesn't hold water with me. I've done hundreds of shows for them since 2000 and had several thousand people shoot bows at every single one of the events... And other than an occasional dry fire, there were no problems (other than a couple string derails as a result of the dry fire's) with limbs, cams, etc. I've also owned quite a few Bowtech's of my own and have never had a single problem.

So now you know a little bit about myself, let's learn a little bit about you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.