Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Bowtech Destroyer >

Bowtech Destroyer

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech Destroyer

Old 01-23-2010, 04:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bowtech Destroyer

I want opinions on this bow. i am a Bowtech man and i went to shoot this bow the other day with great anticipation and honestly i was a little let down.

I did not like the grip...it felt funny in my hand.

the Bow had vibration after the shot not alot but a little..

i want to hear from all those who have shot this bow and liked it or did not like it. tell me what it is that you though about it.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:42 PM
Fork Horn

cant find any to shoot around here. shot the Z7 and was impressed want to shoot the destroyer and FB attack. i think they could be the top bows of 2010
Old 01-24-2010, 07:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

There are many reviews on the Web. I really was impressed with the Bow. I spent a day at our local shop shooting the Destroyer 350 and watching several others shoot it as well.

Everyone I saw shoot it that day was impressed. This area has a huge amount of devote Tribute and Ally shooters. I know at the time I was at the shop they had only had the Destroyer for a few days and there was already several of the Tribute & Ally shooters hanging them up and placing a Destroyer on order.

One thing I might mention. If a Bow you shoot (any bow) is not tuned correctly, and setup to fit you it may very well give you a false impression of the bow. In some cases it can be extreme.

Good luck in your decision!!

I have a Destroyer 350 on order and hope to order 1 or 2 340's of varying colors

Dan
Old 01-25-2010, 05:01 AM
Fork Horn

thanks meanv2,

i really respect your opinion. i think you are right the bow was bare with only a rest on it. the draw was flawless and i think i can get used to the rest. i think that i can get used to it... i will be seriously considering buying it.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are you sure the bow you shot was tuned. I know a lot of archery shops just slap a rest on a bow for customers to shoot, but if they have not at least paper tuned it to get it close, it was cause some vibrations that normally would not be there.

As far as the grip goes, that is just a personal feel thing. Myself, I have never picked up a Mathews and liked the grip. I might have liked the way it shot, but the grips always felt bulky to me.

BTW, grip might be the number one factor when people say they like the way a bow "feels". Grip is one reason why people become brand loyal. For instance, I love the way a Hoyt "feels". I am not saying they shot better than any other bow, but I just love the say they fit in my hand. A very personal thing that will and should be different for everyone.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good point about the grip kickin. The ONLY part you touch on a bow is the grip, and if that doesn't feel right, I guess the whole rest of the bow won't feel right either. Mathews grips to me feel like i'm grabbing a 2X4, whereas Bowtech feels real nice to me, but I like a super thin grip. Since grip is such a HUGE part of the overall feel of a bow, I wonder what the reason is that more companies don't offer several grip options with their bows. Its simple to change a grip, just a screw, and it would be equally easy to ship a $1000 bow with three different grip options.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot my pro shop owners 350 and man I thought it was sweet! Passed all my expectations for a speed bow! I however do not care for the grip to much but love the bow!
Old 01-27-2010, 10:58 PM
Spike

i have a big objection to buying this bow right now and this post will probly make people mad but 1 a friend of mine overlooks sales and said the first few shipments of limbs were defective and after not solving the problem they used the ones they thought were good and started putting them together and alot of them were blowing up after assembly,they sent a bunch out and when dealers were opening up the boxes the bows were blown up and they were getting tons back,2nd they were braggin about getting limbs cheaper than anyone at the trade show for $7 something a limb.my friend gets bowtechs free and won't shhot the dystroyer I would just say to wait a few years before trying this let them work out the bugs first before you spend your hard earned money.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:15 AM
Fork Horn

Good reviews everyone. I was at the shop the other day and the dealer had 2 destroyers but I didn't have enough time to shoot one. The dealer did tell me he liked the destoyer way better than the 82nd though. Other than that i will just have to wait until I shoot one...
Old 01-28-2010, 05:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by blacktail4ever
i have a big objection to buying this bow right now and this post will probly make people mad but 1 a friend of mine overlooks sales and said the first few shipments of limbs were defective and after not solving the problem they used the ones they thought were good and started putting them together and alot of them were blowing up after assembly,they sent a bunch out and when dealers were opening up the boxes the bows were blown up and they were getting tons back,2nd they were braggin about getting limbs cheaper than anyone at the trade show for $7 something a limb.my friend gets bowtechs free and won't shhot the dystroyer I would just say to wait a few years before trying this let them work out the bugs first before you spend your hard earned money.
Sorry blacktail but you've been told an untruth. I'm betting your not willing to name your friend as I've met everyone that "overlooks" sales at the ATA and they are very proud of the Destroyer. There has been 1 bow returned for warranty work on the limbs and the owner of said bow dropped the bow out of a treestand. Matt at BowTech talked personally with said person.

When they first went out, only demo bows went out and not one "blew" up.

And, the Destroyer limbs are not cheap, they are some of if not the strongest on the market. They are using expensive glass in the limbs so $7 a limb is a joke. You either need to come clean or have a serious talk with your "friend".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.