Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
QAD Ultra rest?? >

QAD Ultra rest??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

QAD Ultra rest??

Old 01-21-2010, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default QAD Ultra rest??

I just ordered the QAD Ultra rest for my Z7. Give me y'alls opinion on this rest good or bad.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think the QAD is a proven rest, but honestly I've seen more problems with it than other dropaways I have set up. They either work like a champ or are a PIA, not consistent enough for me.

Dan
Old 01-21-2010, 02:59 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by gutshot
I just ordered the QAD Ultra rest for my Z7. Give me y'alls opinion on this rest good or bad.
Best hunting rest there is. But some bows don't like it. timing is everything. I had it on a bowtech liberty, and commander and it worked great. Had it on my guardian, and troubles, troubles. Sometimes binary cams don't like the tension it causes on the cables.

Old 01-21-2010, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love mine and I'd reccomend it to any one of my friends or family. Its amazing. I'll probablly never use another rest.

Ryan.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:50 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by MeanV2
I think the QAD is a proven rest, but honestly I've seen more problems with it than other dropaways I have set up. They either work like a champ or are a PIA, not consistent enough for me.

Dan
What kind of problems,can you be more specific.I have been looking at dropaways and was leaning toward the qad pro ld or hd,and I am shooting a bowtech commander bow.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:03 PM
Spike

I know they have some problems with rests not falling or dropping fast enuf on the faster bows causing contact.The z7's we tested seemed to really like the trophy ridge drop zone and the Trophy Taker X-TremeFC.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:40 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by blacktail4ever
I know they have some problems with rests not falling or dropping fast enuf on the faster bows causing contact.The z7's we tested seemed to really like the trophy ridge drop zone and the Trophy Taker X-TremeFC.
Is this first hand knowledge or just talk?
Old 01-22-2010, 01:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have an HD on my 82nd ABN and it has performed flawless. Follow the directions on set-up and it will be work perfectly.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:05 PM
Spike

Default Rest

I saw a video on both the rest and the mathews Z7 on BHP

Might want to check them out before you get them.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by kwilson16
I have an HD on my 82nd ABN and it has performed flawless. Follow the directions on set-up and it will be work perfectly.
I have two 101s and I could not get this rest to work. Too fast but if you got the 82nd to work well maybe I did something wrong.

I use the limbdriver on both and it is as fast as you need it. I went through several before landing on this rest. Good luck and keep your receipt if it does not work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.