Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Martin Jaguar, good deal? >

Martin Jaguar, good deal?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Martin Jaguar, good deal?

Old 01-20-2010, 02:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default Martin Jaguar, good deal?

I was planning on buying a new bow and my buddy told me he wants to sell his. Its an '07 Martin Jaguar, loaded with 2 dozen arrows and a cobra release. he said he was going to sell it for $450 but would sell to me for $200. the bow has around 100 shots under its belt. i think its an amazing deal, should i take it?
Old 01-21-2010, 06:58 PM
Fork Horn

There are a few on Ebay for less, but they do not say what year they are.

Sounds like a pretty good price to me

Best of Luck
Jeff
Old 01-22-2010, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

i would, my dad has one and they soot nice
Old 01-22-2010, 12:01 PM
Spike

Why don't you ask him if you can shoot it? It sounds like a good deal to me with 2 doz arrows if they're carbon they'd probably be around 3 to 5 bucks a piece and the release is thrown in as well.

You said it was loaded what's it got on it for a quiver, rest and sight? Look at that and figure the cost of that as well. It doesn't sound like you can get hurt on the deal at all.

I picked up a used martin jaguar last year an 04 model from a freind that came with everything.Hard Case, soft case, block target, quiver, release, 20 arrows 5 with broadheads and 6 field tips for a heck of a price. Mine had a drop zone rest and a single pin truglo sight that if purchased new alone would be what I paid for everything.

I like the bow a lot. It's not the fastest bow around but it suits me just fine.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's not a bad deal at all. The Jag isn't the most hi-tech of the Martin bows, but being an '07 you wouldn't have any problems getting parts for it if ever they are needed. Most everything used except the riser is pretty much universal to most of their bows.

And just FYI, doing some rudimentary math, your buddy wouldn't get $450 for it anywhere because that's about all he spent to get everything new, depending on what arrows they are.