Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
The proof is in the puddin' >

The proof is in the puddin'

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The proof is in the puddin'

Old 01-21-2010, 01:20 PM
New Sheriff

Originally Posted by LKNCHOPPERS
Well I hate to tell you but it's a new year, those products are already out of date or have become recalled. You will have to upgrade all of your hunting gear again.

Dammit!

You mean to tell me there have been improvements made to the butt out?
Old 01-21-2010, 02:04 PM
Spike

sounds like I am reading an outdoor channel tv show.....
Old 01-22-2010, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, you're right ATVs have changed hunting, but for the worse IMO. They help us humans, but disturb way more deer in the process.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Probably recalled the "deer view mirror" so that they could add the words on the bottom of mirror that state, "Objects may be closer than they appear".
Old 01-22-2010, 08:39 AM
New Sheriff

Originally Posted by rogerstv
Yeah, you're right ATVs have changed hunting, but for the worse IMO. They help us humans, but disturb way more deer in the process.
agree

I was watching a doe last year when a 4 wheeler went around the base of the mtn, not even on my property. The doe stopped feeding and watched at full alert in the direction of the atv for over 5 minutes, well after the atv was gone.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:04 AM
Fork Horn

We need pictures.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:22 PM
Fork Horn

We should have a contest to see who carries the most weight into the woods. I know that I would be in the running. This year, I had to move from the back pack to the larger gander bag. Here is a short list: summit tree stand, 101 with arrows, binocs, range finder, covers for boots, bibs, coat, hats, face masks, coffee, calls, rope, harness, well I will stop there. Does everyone have this problem or do I just make it more difficult than it needs to be?
Old 01-23-2010, 11:56 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by crabclaw
We need pictures.
He cant take any pictures he didnt have the money he need it for the hunting gear lol
Old 01-23-2010, 12:26 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by niehenke
We should have a contest to see who carries the most weight into the woods. I know that I would be in the running. This year, I had to move from the back pack to the larger gander bag. Here is a short list: summit tree stand, 101 with arrows, binocs, range finder, covers for boots, bibs, coat, hats, face masks, coffee, calls, rope, harness, well I will stop there. Does everyone have this problem or do I just make it more difficult than it needs to be?
That's funny. The first time I ever went deer hunting, which was this year btw, I had a bow and 2 arrows, wearing work-boots, and 1 bottle of water. The last day of the season, I had a tree-stand, a fanny pack, an insulated holder for my water bottle, and a back pack stuffed so full I almost couldn't close it. The whole kit had to be close to 40 lbs or more. I nearly got locked in the WMA one night because I'm out of shape and had to stop so many times on the way back in!
Old 01-24-2010, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mr4pt
Dammit!

You mean to tell me there have been improvements made to the butt out?

Yeah the new Butt Out tool is faster (Carbon Fiber), less effort.

Last edited by LKNCHOPPERS; 01-25-2010 at 10:58 AM.