Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
I need advise from my fellow bowhunters! >

I need advise from my fellow bowhunters!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I need advise from my fellow bowhunters!

Old 01-20-2010, 07:29 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by davidmil
This is not the religious forum.. or the shrink forum. You're asking questions to the wrong people in the wrong place. It's simple.. you don't like it... don't do it. If you want help on stand placement or equipment or something along those lines... this is the forum. You want help with your mind, a kidney, a bowel movement question... this is not the place.
Hey bud I am not looking for a religion or a shrink here. I ask for my bowhunting community help on ways to get it back and to get a few things off my chest. And the only way to ask for ways to get my bowhunting passion back is to explain what I am going through hoping for ideas from someone that my have been through something similar.

I am not new to the forum I posted this under a new user name I have been here longer than you!

Your being an ass! and you have a pm!

Last edited by okuma1; 01-20-2010 at 07:36 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:39 PM
Spike

I was having a loss of passon too...Got me a new bow, started working and tuneing it..Shoot some indoor leagues, and finally got my butt out of the trees and started stalking.

Things are looking better ...Dee
Old 01-20-2010, 07:40 PM
Dominant Buck

You prick!!!![/
Tsk Tsk That violates several rules of the website. That brings us to .... why did you change your name? Were you ashamed of who you are or were or what? LOL Changing ones name does in no way change the person. LOL My remarks about the "RELIGIOUS Forum" were geared toward a couple responses from others. But still, what are strangers on a website going to do for you to get your blood flowing again? Really, it's up to you. Do you want to do it or not? Is it fun or not? Is there something else you'd rather be doing or NOT? Yes, I do have a prick. Everyone goes through cycles and phases of their hunting life. YOu have to be true to yourself and your family and other commitments.

Last edited by davidmil; 01-20-2010 at 07:47 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:15 AM
bigcountry

Tsk Tsk That violates several rules of the website. That brings us to .... why did you change your name? Were you ashamed of who you are or were or what? LOL Changing ones name does in no way change the person. LOL My remarks about the "RELIGIOUS Forum" were geared toward a couple responses from others. But still, what are strangers on a website going to do for you to get your blood flowing again? Really, it's up to you. Do you want to do it or not? Is it fun or not? Is there something else you'd rather be doing or NOT? Yes, I do have a prick. Everyone goes through cycles and phases of their hunting life. YOu have to be true to yourself and your family and other commitments.
come on David, have some compassion for crying out loud. Guy's going thru a rough spell. Why not take it easy on him instead of worrying so much about that precious pride of yours. Especially after all the compassion that has been poored out on you during your rough spells on HNI.

Thank your lucky stars that God has not exposed you to weaknesses others may have.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:28 AM
Fork Horn

This is not the religious forum.. or the shrink forum. You're asking questions to the wrong people in the wrong place. It's simple.. you don't like it... don't do it. If you want help on stand placement or equipment or something along those lines... this is the forum. You want help with your mind, a kidney, a bowel movement question... this is not the place.
Talk about wanting to reach through this screen and strangle someone!! I completely disagree with you!!!!! The man is asking for advice about his passion! A passion that we all have in common. So his advice isn't stand placement or equipment related who in the H#LL are you to tell him he has no right to do it hear??? He has everyright! He wasn't looking for a psyc evaluation he was trying to find a way to get past his problem so he to can enjoy what you clearly take forgranted...... maybe you need your head examined!
Old 01-21-2010, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

sounds like to me a new hobby is in order. or as mentioned a partner to hunt with..which to me requires a blind in the middle of a "road" where each guy has his own lane to tend to and yall aren't sharin anything but the blind in order to keep it a hunt, and not jus havin a "babysitter" if ya will to sit with ya. i would say at least 200 yards out each window would be sufficant, with another road leadin right to the blind so either of ya has to walk down the other guys road to get in or out. gl
Old 01-22-2010, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

I could not agree more with NoMoreWolves. Spend time practicing and shooting leagues. You will meet some great people and maybe the passion will come back. Remember that the bow, arrow, gun, treestand, car, train, etc. does not take the life, but only you can, which means that you need fix the problem. If its meds, see a doctor, but if it is something else wife, job, health, etc., surround yourself with those who love you and need you! Good luck and don't ever hesitate to use this forum for advise. There are a ton of great people on this site!
Old 01-23-2010, 06:34 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bigcountry
come on David, have some compassion for crying out loud. Guy's going thru a rough spell. Why not take it easy on him instead of worrying so much about that precious pride of yours. Especially after all the compassion that has been poored out on you during your rough spells on HNI.

Thank your lucky stars that God has not exposed you to weaknesses others may have.
X2,
You know if you don't have something good to say,don't say anything at all.
BigCountry I agree with you 100%,GOD and FAMILY are the answer!

This site is for hunters needing help and advise and that is all this man asked for,and he will be in my prayers because I have been thru difficault times,and I'm going thru some right now! And GOD gives me the strength everyday to keep going!
And to David may GOD give you the gift of compassion!