Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
tuning tips:get your broadhaeds to shoot like field tips >

tuning tips:get your broadhaeds to shoot like field tips

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

tuning tips:get your broadhaeds to shoot like field tips

Old 01-14-2010, 01:31 PM
Spike

I am more about accuracy shot placement should be the most important thing when shooting game.I don't worry about pennitration with my bow since I pass threw everything I shoot no problem
Old 01-14-2010, 01:33 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by blacktail4ever
I am more about accuracy shot placement should be the most important thing when shooting game.I don't worry about pennitration with my bow since I pass threw everything I shoot no problem
Sounds like you should be a rifle only hunter to me.

Old 01-14-2010, 01:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

are we after maximum pennitration or are we after accuracy in this post
Not trying to bust your chops or anything but what good is it to be accurate if you dont have the penetration?

On the other hand what good is it to have penetration without accuracy?

Like Jeff said we are after combination of both as 1 without the other is totally useless.

Read through Dr Asby reports in the link BC gave.

I have been using extreme FOC for years because it works and not only for hunting but for target, 3d and field archery.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:44 PM
Spike

looks like you find flaws in everyone else to each his own I guess.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:48 PM
Spike

I had stated that I shoot a bow that will acheve more than enuf pennitration.I more focus my attention to accuracy. check the specs on my bow and tell me whats wrong.I agree with you on pennitration,thats no doubt.i am just trying to post on accuracy here and tuning tips.There may be better ways but this is what works well for me.just trying to pass the knowledge

Last edited by blacktail4ever; 01-14-2010 at 01:58 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:57 PM
Dominant Buck

looks like you find flaws in everyone
Not everyone.

Hey...I'm not knocking your ideas. I'm telling you you're in heady company (and not me). I'm guessing Dustin Pedroia doesn't stand by the cage, during the all-star game and give Ryan Howard tips on hittin' the long ball.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:03 PM
Spike

and I would not expect Jake Kaminski to take lessons from me but someone who has little experiance this might be the info they are looking for
Old 01-14-2010, 03:32 PM
Fork Horn

I can't help but notice how rude you guys are being. This is ridiculous, and as a 16 year old bowhunter on this website, this makes us scared to ask questions and post tips. Jeesh, i've actually done this and it seems to work. Quit being so rude and sarcastic and grow up.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:49 PM
Typical Buck

I was confused by his instructions,what exactly are we suppose to grind,the arrow,insert the directions wern't very clear,the way I undertand it we should square the end of the arrows after they have been cut to the proper lenth so the insert will seat onto the arrow square and the broadhead seats onto the insert square,is this correct?
Old 01-15-2010, 07:53 PM
Spike

yes the insert is supose to be square to the shaft the chamfer stone is for a hit insert and this post was mostly on tuning of a hidden insert arrow. what happens is people just screw in a broadhead and think its good to go. if the arrow is spinning off axis due to the broadhead being unalined it will cause the arrow to loop. think of it as if you were to add extra wieght to one blade of you broadhead how would it fly. thats what happens when broadheads are not tuned