Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Great Way to Start the ATA Show. ;-) >

Great Way to Start the ATA Show. ;-)

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Great Way to Start the ATA Show. ;-)

Old 01-12-2010, 01:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Great Way to Start the ATA Show. ;-)

So I'm walking through the airport.

As I walk past a little sandwich shop I think I recognize this really cute girl.

She smiles, her husband nods at me.

I say to myself. I think that's Julie and Rick Krueter from Beyond the Hunt.

Moments later I'm getting my bags when they walk up. I walk over and strike up a conversation.

Moments later Frank, (Kidd) calls me and says he'll pick me up from the Airport. I look at Rick and Julie and say, you guys need a ride?

So we all pile in Franks pickup. I must say she is as sweet and pretty as she is on TV and Rick's a nice guy. They asked us what we thought of the show and what we'd change. We laughed and just talked all the way to the hotels. Good people.

I have pictures on my cell but they said to come by our BowTech booth for more picts.

That's all for now. ;-)

Matt / PA texts us saying he's sitting and talking with Michael Widdel in Minneapolis and we say, Mike who cause we have the Krueters in the pick up.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:17 PM
bigcountry

I myself would rather just talk with real down to earth hunters right here. Someone who might work for a living being a electrician or carpenter, stuggling to get out to hunt a few times a week. I guess its my kinda of people.

Enjoy the show. Never heard of your people there, but then again I don't buy hunting videos.

Old 01-12-2010, 02:33 PM
Dominant Buck

A TV hunter??? In the flesh???!!!
Old 01-12-2010, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't watch a lot of hunting shows and so I don't know who they are but after a quick Google search I found this. I just might have to tune in. Thanks Rob

http://www.myspace.com/beyondthehunt
Old 01-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rob, Have Fun!! I've been fortunate to meet and talk to several people I would call Celebs. The 2 most memorable would have to be Fred Bear and Gene Wensel.

Fred Bear was an awesome man. A real pioneer in our sport and just as common as corn bread. He was a blast to talk to and never seemed in a hurry to get away. I would have Loved to had the privledge to share a camp fire with him.

A true example of what this Ol' Carpenter thinks a BowHunter should be.

Gotta Love Uncle Teddy's Song!!

Dan
Old 01-12-2010, 03:29 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by MeanV2
Fred Bear was an awesome man.
Now we are talkin.

Old 01-12-2010, 05:16 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm ONLY poking fun. The folks I've been fortunate enough to meet over the years wouldn't trip the excito-meter for most, here.

Hope you had a good time.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:50 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah, i really dont get star struck but they r just nice people they started as outfitters guiding most of these tv personalities now they are doing thier thing........good for them.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm not a "celebrity" guy either. To me they are just normal people doing a different job but when it comes to these two, very approachable and very nice. Every day people trying to make a go in the outdoor industry. That alone is very tough. Doesn't matter if they are carpenters, phone technicians, waiters or waitresses, if they are nice and talk hunting, they are my kind of people.

Beyond the Hunt

Old 01-12-2010, 06:19 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Rob!

We saw a guy when we were waiting for the plane to Columbus, can't think of his name, but knew we had seen him on the outdoor channel. Whoever he was, he was flying first class. We flew coach, but at least I got to sit between two nice looking ladies.

After we got our booth set up, we walked around the exhibition, we were just blown away by some of the booths. Come by and see us if you have some down time, we are in booth #2450.

Best of Luck,
Jeff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.