Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

choices

Old 01-11-2010, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

hmm... i would go hunting especially in a foreign country (to you)
Old 01-12-2010, 04:33 AM
Banned

I'd hunt.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:50 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Good deal Frank. didn't you have to set the ATA 1/4-1/2" Shorter?
BC, I have an airborne with almost the same ATA as the original set up, I have a 58# and my braceheight is maybe 4mm too short but she shoots and hits what I am aiming at.
The only thing that's bugging me is the noise. I managed to shoot a doe with it at 20 yards, so I can't complain.
I do know that most archeryshops here are under quallified to handle bowtechs techn. advanced bows. Most of them know less than I learned from HNI members.
I could tell you stories......

I am going to try and kill as many hogs as my budget and the misses permits......and if I get my tax refund I'll buy a new bow.

F.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:34 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by m9a9g9i9c
BC, I have an airborne with almost the same ATA as the original set up, I have a 58# and my braceheight is maybe 4mm too short but she shoots and hits what I am aiming at.
The only thing that's bugging me is the noise. I managed to shoot a doe with it at 20 yards, so I can't complain.
I do know that most archeryshops here are under quallified to handle bowtechs techn. advanced bows. Most of them know less than I learned from HNI members.
I could tell you stories......

I am going to try and kill as many hogs as my budget and the misses permits......and if I get my tax refund I'll buy a new bow.

F.

Don't think you will be disappointed going hog hunting.

I am thinking about trying a stag hunt in Scotland actually. But no bows unfortately.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:58 AM
Typical Buck

those scottish deer really look amazing and it's a shame you can't bowhunt there.
I'm trying to book a wild boar hunt in Turkey, apparently they have some really big ones( Moslims won't come near pigs ) and you can bowhunt.

F.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:22 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by m9a9g9i9c
those scottish deer really look amazing and it's a shame you can't bowhunt there.
I'm trying to book a wild boar hunt in Turkey, apparently they have some really big ones( Moslims won't come near pigs ) and you can bowhunt.

F.
No doubt wild hogs in turkey would be cool. Or even in germany. I heard you can't use bows there either however.

Only reason thinking of the scot trip is it advertises a trip for your wife and you. She can shop while you hunt for 3 days.

Old 01-13-2010, 10:38 AM
Typical Buck

I'm dropping the wife in a lux hotel with spa en pool and then go chase the turkish pigs......

F.