Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Interesting Video! >

Interesting Video!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Interesting Video!

Old 01-11-2010, 09:27 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Interesting yes. Informative, not so sure. Why was the Limbsaver on the opposite end as the Bowjax? Were the two devices placed the same distance from the loop? He had a caliper but you don't know, a few 32nds could make a huge difference. You can't see what he is measuring because his hands are in the way. It looks to me like the Limbsaver is closer to the loop than the Bowjax.

I wouldn't make any purchasing decisons based on that random clip from YouTube.

I would also add that you have a bow limb fixed in a vice at two ends, pulled in the middle and released. This is not how a bow limb works and these are not the same forces acting on a bow limb when the bow is shot. Even if the Bowjax really ourperfomed the Limbsaver in this test it is completely irrelevant.

Last edited by mez; 01-11-2010 at 09:39 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

The test looks fairly accurate to me, and would have to skewed pretty bad to make that much difference. Vibration is vibration and I'd think the 6 arms on the Monster Jax would easily make them more effective. I bet you see some changes in Sims very soon. Like I said I used Limb Savers for years but after trying a set of Monster Jax I could tell a difference in my Bow that is the reason I now use the BowJax exclusively. Also the fact that their products has shown good durability, which has been lacking in some Sims products.

Dan
Old 01-12-2010, 06:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by solocamcan
Well now i am confused. The bow jax vid did only have limbs, while the limbsaver vid had the entire bow, so is it possible that limbsavers work best on a complete bow, not just the limbs, and vice versa for the bow jax???
I think the Sims LS video shows that the String Leeches (Sims product) is a better string dampener than the BowJax. The other video is showing the BowJax being better at dampening vibration on free-standing limbs than the Limb Saver. Perhaps the best combination is the BowJax on the limbs and the Leeches on the string. Get yourself a string suppressor (which most bows have standard now) and the string silencers become a moot point.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:08 PM
bigcountry

You know I got a bunch of accelerometers at work we use for earthquake NEBs specs. I keep meaning to do this test with them. Which I am sure if the same test Sims did. Not very expensive, Just tape em on, and you have to have some analysis software to bring out the FFT.

I might try to rig up something in the next few weeks. Bowjax have a lot of mass, so I can see how they would be more effective in the first video.

Old 01-13-2010, 05:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bigcountry
You know I got a bunch of accelerometers at work we use for earthquake NEBs specs. I keep meaning to do this test with them. Which I am sure if the same test Sims did. Not very expensive, Just tape em on, and you have to have some analysis software to bring out the FFT.

I might try to rig up something in the next few weeks. Bowjax have a lot of mass, so I can see how they would be more effective in the first video.
If you could swing that experiment that would be awesome. It would be great to see some results that are independent of any manufacturer influences.