Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
My hunt yesterday 1/9/2010 with a friend with ADD >

My hunt yesterday 1/9/2010 with a friend with ADD

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My hunt yesterday 1/9/2010 with a friend with ADD

Old 01-10-2010, 05:21 AM
Fork Horn

Default My hunt yesterday 1/9/2010 with a friend with ADD

I had 2 fawns come in front of my blind at about 7:30, they were both real small, so I let em walk. At around 8:15 I see some movement about 300 yds away and whip out the binoculars and i was able to clearly see 6 deer. They only came within about 150-175 yds and I coulnt tell if any of them were bucks, all i know is that they were fat deer. Around... 8:45 I look out the wondow that is to my back just to check and see if anything has snuck up on me and I see something out of the ordinary up on a ridge about 75 yds away. To my surprise there is something there, I have no idea what it is but there is something that wasnt there 10 minutes before. As I get a better look, this figure begins to wave at me, and it turned out Matt had seen the 6 deer as well and decided to get out of his blind, walk about 1/3 of a mile to tell me where they went. That pretty much ended the morning hunt. Although, on the way out I did find a Cow Skull which was pretty darn cool. So, we go back down to the store and get some well needed food in our bellys and then go back down tot he house to re-sight my bow in which was a pain in the rear. I lost 2 more arrows . After I got it sighted in to my liking I decided to show Matt where I do my squirrel hunting and where I plan to do some deerhunting next year. (It's the woods just down behind Mamaw and Papaws house) and as soon as we get down there , we see deer sign EVERYWHERE and its fairly fresh, almost like a deer print shaped cookie cutter, they were maybe an hour old.. So we decide to hunt there that evening and after a humorous 20 minutes of watching matt try and fold up his "Awesome" blind that only takes 15 seconds to set up but 15 long hilarious minutes to take down, we go back to Mamaws. After we get there we get our stuff ready and heead to the woods. We set up right behind an old abandoned trailor that looked real shady, like an old meth lab.. After about an hour Matt gets too anxious to just sit in a blind and I was, I have to admit freezing. Then the rest of that hunt I just showed him what I know about the woods back there.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like both of you had a good time.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by AR Bowhunter
Sounds like both of you had a good time.
Ditto!

Enjoy the Great sport of Archery/BowHunting!!

Dan
Old 01-10-2010, 10:04 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah, im more of a "Stay in your blind all day" kinda guy and he's the average 16 year old, saying lets go look. Over all, it was a good hunt, but nothing beats spending time with friends... well maybe killing a MONSTER buck :P