Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Whisker Biscuit Vs Octane Hostage >

Whisker Biscuit Vs Octane Hostage

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: Whisker Biscuit Vs Octane Hostage
Whisker Biscuit
43.48%
Octane Hostage
56.52%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Whisker Biscuit Vs Octane Hostage

Old 01-07-2010, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Whisker Biscuit Vs Octane Hostage

i was just curious to which rest you thought was better of the two...i currently have a Whisker Biscuit and am thinking about getting an Octane hostage...
Old 01-07-2010, 11:32 AM
Fork Horn

I've been wondering the same thing, I shoot a whisker biscuit, and I love it for the fact I can shoot practically standing on my head. But I talked to an archery dealer who told me that the whisker biscuit is not great for long range accuracy because of the drag on the shaft and fletching, especially with broadheads. I haven't had the opportunity to do much long range experimenting to test his claims.

I like the principle behind the Octane Hostage, because there is much less contact with the arrow surface.

Only drawback to the Octane Hostage is it appears to be made for only 3 fletch arrows and not 4 fletch

Last edited by elkmtngear; 01-07-2010 at 11:35 AM.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah i shoot 3 fletch arrows and the vanes on my arrows i shoot are starting to show signs of drag...thats why im considering...
Old 01-07-2010, 12:36 PM
Fork Horn

I'm not a fan of either one however, they have came out with a model that you you get the best of both worlds (WB/Hostage and a drop away), I beleive its made by tru-van vanishing rest.. It looks a lot like the hostage but the bushes fall away like a drop away.. Check it out!! It seems like a promising concept..
Old 01-07-2010, 12:37 PM
Fork Horn

I tried a Whisker Biscuit for a while and didn't really like it. My dropaway seemed more accurate to me.

On a side note, has anyone ever seen this video? It's a guy shooting groups at 135 yards with a Whisker Biscuit. Wonder if he would be just as accurate with a dropaway?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVbm7y6S5OM
Old 01-07-2010, 12:55 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Iowabucks44
Wonder if he would be just as accurate with a dropaway?
I'm thinking....yeah! That is phenomenal. When I said "long range", I was talking 45 to 60 yards, not 135!

Wonder if he shot a blade, if it would be anywhere close?

Best of Luck
Jeff
Old 01-07-2010, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have recently put both these rests on my sons bows. The new WB seems like it's built better than the Hostage. I'll have more feedbck once they really get to shoot 'em a lot more.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:43 PM
Fork Horn

I have the Octane and I think it works great. I've never used a WB, so I don't really have a good comparison for you, but I do like the Octane.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:29 PM
Typical Buck

I like the hostage a lot more than the WB. With the hostage i can still see down the arrow shaft and that is how i judge my yardage. Don't ask me how but my "3rd eye" uses the arrow shaft to gauge distance. My wife has a WB and likes it though. However , i can normally pick up anybody's bow and shoot it without sights and be fairly close but with the WB i couldn't hit a barn without sights.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

For hunting, I wouldn't use anything other than a WB. For target archery I'd use some sort of drop-away rest.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.