HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Shot one toinght (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/314362-shot-one-toinght.html)

125py 01-06-2010 04:41 PM

Shot one toinght

Well i shot a doe tonight. I hit her almost too far forward but she FINALLY went down in sight.

It just got me thinking about bad shots and wounded deer. It makes me feel terrible when I dont put a good shot on one :( doe or big buck.

I think if someone doesnt feel bad then maybe they should do a self check, but we probably all feel bad I hope.

kyhunter93 01-06-2010 04:54 PM

Picturess? Anyways, good job. I'm looking to take my first deer this weekend, plus it will be a late season doe.

solocamcan 01-06-2010 05:04 PM

CONGRATS man, get those pics up!

Rhody Hunter 01-06-2010 05:11 PM

congrats. yea it is tuff when the shot isn't perfect where you want it

beprepn8 01-06-2010 05:15 PM

Any mixed feelings after a good shot?

Oddly enough, I have mixed feelings after a good shot, but I was mostly pissed after my bad shot (where I found out my nock had slipped).

125py 01-06-2010 05:21 PM

i did not take any pics yet.sorry....mainly just wanted to see how everyone felt after a not so perfect shot. Im sure everyone feels bad like me.

twildasin 01-06-2010 05:30 PM

Congrats! If she fell in sight could not of been that bad a shot could it?

YooperMike 01-06-2010 05:33 PM

I've only ever lost one, and that really sucked. The deer survived, saw him again three weeks later, but it still was pretty disheartening before I saw him again. Even on a good shot, I do feel a bit of remorse, but i think that's natural. On a bad shot, I'm more angry at myself than I am feeling "bad" for the deer though. Sorry if that sounds selfish, but that's the way I feel. I know that I am fully capable of making the shot, and have made plenty, so if a bad one happens, like it did, I was really upset with myself.

125py 01-06-2010 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by YooperMike (Post 3549308)
I've only ever lost one, and that really sucked. The deer survived, saw him again three weeks later, but it still was pretty disheartening before I saw him again. Even on a good shot, I do feel a bit of remorse, but i think that's natural. On a bad shot, I'm more angry at myself than I am feeling "bad" for the deer though. Sorry if that sounds selfish, but that's the way I feel. I know that I am fully capable of making the shot, and have made plenty, so if a bad one happens, like it did, I was really upset with myself.

i feel both mad at me and bad for the deer

125py 01-06-2010 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by twildasin (Post 3549304)
Congrats! If she fell in sight could not of been that bad a shot could it?

when i shot it knocked her down, then she ran 200 yards away in the field and just stood there for 30 minutes and went down