Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Easton Flatline Surgicals >

Easton Flatline Surgicals

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Easton Flatline Surgicals

Old 01-05-2010, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Easton Flatline Surgicals

Has anyone shot this shaft on whitetails?
Any info would be great.

http://www.eastonarchery.com/company/article/21
Old 01-05-2010, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

No offense but I didn't think it was possible to fit that much outright gimmicky BS in one ad. Lighter arrow, less penetration all for that magical 5 fps increase in speed LOL. 5 fps = flatter trajectory? Please. I am still waiting for someone to give any kind of real reason a flatter trajectory is needed. If you can hit the spot why does trajectory even matter? Another gimmick to steal money from bowhunters.

Easton FlatLine With MicroLite Speed System™ Components Make a High Velocity Impact

New Flatline Arrows combine SuperLite™ carbon construction with MicroLite™ components to deliver all-out quickness for deadly results on big game. High-velocity FlatLine carbon arrows come in at only 8.2 grains per inch (gpi). The key to FlatLine’s speed is the patent-pending MicroLite Speed System combined with Easton’s SuperLite carbon construction. The MicroLite Super Nock and CB Insert are 45% lighter than their counterparts, boosting velocity up to five feet-per-second.

MicroLite components shave weight while delivering increased accuracy to the precision-engineered carbon construction of FlatLine. Increased arrow speed produces a flatter trajectory for deadly results where conditions may require a longer shot. Now those looking for speed can tap the full potential of their setup with the lightweight carbon and MicroLite components of FlatLine.

MicroLite Speed System, also available as an accessory, can instantly boost speed up five feet-per-second for most standard diameter S-Nock compatible shaft.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe I'll buy some "phantom shafts" instead. LOL.

http://huntingnet.com/forum/technica...om-arrows.html

Forgot... you gotta be very specific on this forum these days. Looking for actual experience with this shaft on whitetails.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL Do you have a point? I was looking for information on an arrow not something "lighter and faster (is 5 fps really faster LOL)" for deer. Any arrow will pass through if it hits the right spot its what happens when you don't hit the right spot that matters.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

LOL Do you have a point? I was looking for information on an arrow
I think his point is that he is asking exactly what you were asking but about a different shaft.

I don't see where he said anything about lighter and faster. Just simply asking and looking for first hand experiences on deer.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have some on order. I will be testing them out. I like the specs, straightness, etc. Trajectory might not matter if you are shooting wide open spaces and have a range finder, but.....................

things are not always perfect. Deer takes a step or 2 and changes yardage from the time you range him to the time you shoot him. I am sure many Whitetail hunters have to shoot a deer through a hole in the limbs. Flatter trajectory also means you can go through a smaller opening without catching that branch or twig that is out of your line of vision.

There are advantages and disadvantages to everything. It just depends on what you are looking for in your setup.

It hardly makes sense to take a .458 squirrel hunting. I myself prefer a medium weight setup, but have No problems shooting lightweight arrows as long as spine, foc, etc. give me arrow flight like a laser beam.

Dan
Old 01-06-2010, 03:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigbulls
I think his point is that he is asking exactly what you were asking but about a different shaft.
Perhaps, but I expected opinions, good and bad .