Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Which broad head do you guys think is the best? >

Which broad head do you guys think is the best?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which broad head do you guys think is the best?

Old 01-06-2010, 08:04 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by fishinty
I like rage two blede broadheads they give you exellent blood trails, and short tracking jobs.
I just bought 2 blade rage and didn't like them the broad head that I have had the bst performanec out of is 100 grain thunderheads bc they open deer up I got a bigger cutting hole then the 3 blade muzzys but ill still give the rage a try bc if I don't then I'll just have waisted 40 dollars.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:41 PM
Typical Buck

G5 tekkan's are what i normally use now, they did great work on 3 different deer this year. same head for all 3 deer, didnt even need to be re-sharpened
thunderheads are great as well, i always keep at least one in my quiver
Old 01-07-2010, 12:20 PM
Typical Buck

i prefer the WASP Hammer SST, 100gr 3 blade, fixed...all but two of my deer have been taken with them, the others were taken with a G5 Montec (boo, broadhead was at a 60 degree angle lodged in the shoulder!) and a Thunderhead 125gr (performed well).

Last edited by bowfly; 01-07-2010 at 12:21 PM. Reason: forgot to add name
Old 01-07-2010, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Grim Reaper Razortips for me. I have done some pretty extensive testing on the Atom's last year as well. They have a place in my quiver right next to the Reaper's.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:53 PM
Typical Buck

Not to get off topic, but I was curious as to what is the best beer out there?? Should I go with a Sam Adams, Amstel, Coors, Bud??? What about PBR and Hamms light?? Heard good things about all of them. What do you think???
Old 01-07-2010, 06:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

For 90% of the people out there it really doesn't matter one bit what the best broadhead actually is. Most people buy what ever broadhead (or any product for that matter) gets the most air time on television, has the most pro hunters promoting it, and has the most print ads in their favorite magazines.

But to answer the question.

I look for a few things in a broadhead.
* I prefer steel construction over aluminum.
* I test the overall durability (ferrule strength, blade durability, blade retention) by shooting things like plywood, cinder blocks, steel drums... not many hold up well here.
* Scary sharp blades.
* Great flight characteristics with minimal tuning required.
* Total cutting ability. (not cutting diameter but total cutting ability)

The broadheads I have found to make the cut in everything I look for in a broadhead are Slick Tricks. I have yet to find a broadhead that puts it all into a single package like the Slick Tricks do.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:45 AM
Fork Horn

I believe bigbulls has it. Most people will buy the one that is promoted the most. Rage right now seems to be that broadhead. I am not nocking them one bit. I am sure they are exceptional broadheads. But everyone is different and every bow is different. I don't think you can go wrong with any broadhead due to the competition today. What ever you feel comfortable with will be the best broadhead for you. I use muzzy and have for years and they have never let me down. Every deer no matter how big or small has not went further than 60 yds. Shot placement is the most critical part.