Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Which broad head do you guys think is the best? >

Which broad head do you guys think is the best?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which broad head do you guys think is the best?

Old 01-05-2010, 01:55 PM
Fork Horn

No doubt rage is the best broadheads to buy I have tried all kinds of broadheads muzzy,thunderheads,grimreapers,spitfires,but the best thing I have came by in years has been the rage 2-blade.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:19 PM
Typical Buck

I like rage two blede broadheads they give you exellent blood trails, and short tracking jobs.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have 3 favorites, Rage 2blade, NAP razorbaks, muzzys 3blade 100gr.

I'm really surprised those NAP razorbaks aren't more popular, in my mind they're one of the best designs on the market, 2 blade cut on contract, with 2 bleeders, with rotating technology, my father shoots them at lower poundange and he always kills deer, great penetration.

I think when I don't wanna use my rage 2 blade, or am required to not use an expandable, those will be my choice.

Muzzy's were my first BH's I ever used and had no complaints, so those are my 3 favs, not sure I'd have any reason to use any other.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Spike

fixed blades all the way. g5 strikers 100gr and muzzy mx-3 100gr.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:21 PM
Spike

slick trick magnum by far
Old 01-05-2010, 04:26 PM
Spike

I like the muzzy 100. Tried and true.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

switched from muzzy to slick tricks. quieter, perfect flight, IMPRESSIVE results!
Old 01-05-2010, 06:30 PM
Fork Horn

What's best is a matter of perspective, and very subjective depending on whom you ask. Having said that, I used to swear by Muzzy 3 blade 100gr.; however, I'm hooked on the 100gr. Grim Reaper's.

The one's I use have the same trocar--bone crushing tip--as the Muzzy, but it also includes three small razors in the tip to aid penetration. I also like the simplicity of the Grim Reaper and the fact that they can be shot opened or closed for those places that do not allow mechanicals. They also fly as true as bullet points, which is a definite plus.

I shot three deer with them this year. One, a doe, who dropped within a few feet from my stand, and two bucks that made it 30 and 40 yards with blood trails that I could easily track in the dark.

Not saying they're the best, because I haven't tried everything, but I couldn't be more happy with the performance of the Grim Reapers!
Old 01-05-2010, 08:50 PM
Fork Horn

I tried the swhacker's this year and they tore a doe up... left a huge exit hole and the enty was nothing to be ashamed of... I will be using them next year for sure!
Old 01-06-2010, 08:01 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Waldo Hunter
I tried the swhacker's this year and they tore a doe up... left a huge exit hole and the enty was nothing to be ashamed of... I will be using them next year for sure!
Can you buy replacement blades for them?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.