HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Rest Question (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/314167-rest-question.html)

wvdeerhunter22 01-04-2010 10:29 AM

Rest Question

I just bought a 2009 PSE x-force dream season. I currently have a trophy taker rest on it. everything I can tell, indicates the rest is dropping away quickly enough that contact is no problem. However, my broadheads are hitting right of the field points, no matter how I move the rest i cant bring point of impact together.

I know it could be a spine problem, but I hope not, Shooting Axis 340's 30" draw, the arrow itself is 28.5". Draw weight 70 lbs.

I have an NAP quicktune 3000 rest setting in my bow box. This is not a drop away rest, is it possible that a speed bow like the x force would perform better with a stationary rest? I dont like setting up drop aways, so id like to know if it may help before I change it and then have to change back to a drop away.

Any thoughts????

Thanks
WV

kickin_buck 01-04-2010 10:55 AM

I find it hard to believe that the rest is not dropping away quick enough. Have you done any walk back tuning with this bow yet? The 340's should be stiff enough, cannot see where that is a problem. Did you do any bare shaft tuning to confirm this?

wvdeerhunter22 01-04-2010 11:14 AM

we rough paper tuned it at the shop. Then I took it home and walkback tuned, then on to trying to group tune with broadheads. This is the same method I always use.

Iterestingly enough, this bow has a mark for centershot on the shelf. My rest is 1/8-1/4 (not looking at it at the moment,)in to the right of the mark.

solocamcan 01-04-2010 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by wvdeerhunter22 (Post 3546872)
I just bought a 2009 PSE x-force dream season. I currently have a trophy taker rest on it. everything I can tell, indicates the rest is dropping away quickly enough that contact is no problem. However, my broadheads are hitting right of the field points, no matter how I move the rest i cant bring point of impact together.

I know it could be a spine problem, but I hope not, Shooting Axis 340's 30" draw, the arrow itself is 28.5". Draw weight 70 lbs.

I have an NAP quicktune 3000 rest setting in my bow box. This is not a drop away rest, is it possible that a speed bow like the x force would perform better with a stationary rest? I dont like setting up drop aways, so id like to know if it may help before I change it and then have to change back to a drop away.

Any thoughts????

Thanks
WV

I use a drop away rest, and my Muzzys fly right of my fieldtips also, I dont mess with the rest, I move my entire sight to the right and it fixes it. If your bow is tuned, maybe try this???

fishinty 01-04-2010 11:32 AM

I like a whisker biscuit, it works good with my pse

wvdeerhunter22 01-04-2010 11:58 AM

Quote:I use a drop away rest, and my Muzzys fly right of my fieldtips also, I dont mess with the rest, I move my entire sight to the right and it fixes it. If your bow is tuned, maybe try this???

Yeah, They group good, and if I do that it works, I just prefer that my broadheads hit where my field tips do. I know it can be done and I hate to have to move my sights. It must be some type of an OCD thing.:s6:

kickin_buck 01-04-2010 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by wvdeerhunter22 (Post 3546897)
we rough paper tuned it at the shop. Then I took it home and walkback tuned, then on to trying to group tune with broadheads. This is the same method I always use.

Iterestingly enough, this bow has a mark for centershot on the shelf. My rest is 1/8-1/4 (not looking at it at the moment,)in to the right of the mark.

That is a WHOLE bunch to be off of a factory marked centershot!!!

Are you sure you have your 3rd axis set correctly on your sight? If not, this will throw off walk back tuning. Also, did you walk back tune outdoors or indoors? Could wind have been a factor in your tuning? I just cannot believe you are that far off from a factory marked centershot.

Something is out of whack for sure. Might be best to strip the bow down and start over. Good luck!

wvdeerhunter22 01-04-2010 02:40 PM

That's the thing it walkback tuned good to 40 yds where I stopped. the bow is grouping. With field tips and broadheads, but the broadheads group 3" right.of tips. I moved the rest back to the factory centershot and they still grouped right. This is why I'm confused. I may just switch rests to see if I can fix it. I don't know what else to try. Its got a bullet through paper and walkbacked good. Maybe bare shaft.