Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Cold has been DEFEATED; my setup is working!! >

Cold has been DEFEATED; my setup is working!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Cold has been DEFEATED; my setup is working!!

Old 01-03-2010, 12:38 PM
Banned

Default Cold has been DEFEATED; my setup is working!!

I am pretty excited about finally mastering the cold, after all of these years of nor mastering it, so I have to share.

The pack is a Horn Hunter pack off of Predators website. Awesome pack, and it has many padded buckle cinch straps for securing a tree stand, a bow, gear. The stand is a Lone Wolf Hand climber; notice how compact it packs. Witht the extreme cold, and me being a mobile hunter with no stand in the woods waiting for me, this setp is a must imo over a hangon, as too much handwork with bulky gloves/mittens on is required for easily and safely hanging my Lone Wolf Alpha and Sticks in this below Zero weather. The camo leafy thing on the back is my newly invented HardcoreHunter Inferno suit. it has open legs that are closed with plastic quick detach/attach buckles and NO Zippers(magnets to close the suit's upper for silent deployment. I have over 30 hours in this suit, and over 170 yds of thread..all hand sewn. The warmth is amazing and it was time well spent. Ripping the extreme cold weather down sleeping bag open to make open legs in it was a lot of work and hassle, but well worth it. No pant sleeve to have to try and slide a boot in in a stand; sleeves are created by closing the plastic buckles. It was neg 12 yesterday, and I was toasty warm.

And here is my invention; the HardcoreHunter Inferno Suit. NOTHING is as warm as this on the market, so I had to make my own. Zippers are no good either, so SUPER STRONG magnets were employed. I may be marketing something similar soon. We'll see how my free time goes. Thanks, and sorry for all of my excitement, but I put a lot of time thought into beating the cold and making my suit. My future plans are to have everything covered in Predator Fleece camo.

Snowclaw Irish Setter 2000 gr boots

Icebreakers over those once in the stand. This setup TOTALLY defeats the cold

Last edited by hardcorehunter; 01-09-2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like that a lot but Usually I dont hunt late season when theres snow on the ground, and I also dont sit either. haha! usually the only hunting I do late season is with one of those sticks that go BANG! so If I can see it I can kill it (usually)

Cool concept looks like It would work well also.

Ryan.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:13 PM
Banned

As requested. This is my prototype. It is a little rough cosmetically, but performs excellent. I can see this all done in Predator camo
Mummy option employed

Normal mode employed

Old 01-03-2010, 04:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's a nice job you did on that suit HC. You should be getting a letter any day now from the lawyers who represent the Heater Body Suit people!
Old 01-03-2010, 04:47 PM
Banned

Lol..I'll watch my mail. Thanks..I am pleased with it.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

looks like you did a great job
Old 01-04-2010, 04:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

WOW thats quite a setup, I need to figure out something like that cause I have been getting iced lately.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:06 AM
Typical Buck

Nice job on the suit HCH! and good luck with your future plans. I hope that works out for you.

Dan
Old 01-04-2010, 06:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good job!!! Not sure how that would work with my recurve though, my bow Isn't nearly as short as yours and I could see clearance being an Issue with the string and clothing. One other thing too, I'd make mine snow camo. How quiet Is the material Don?

Well done Don!!
Old 01-04-2010, 06:43 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Schultzy
Good job!!! Not sure how that would work with my recurve though, my bow Isn't nearly as short as yours and I could see clearance being an Issue with the string and clothing. One other thing too, I'd make mine snow camo. How quiet Is the material Don?

Well done Don!!
I was wondering that myself. Nothing sucks more than drawing back and letting go hearing you snagged something with a 66" bow, and watching that arrow fishtail.

I would love to have some ideas for hunting on the ground with my recurves.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.