Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Bowtech, Hoyt, Mathews and all other bow brand owners. >

Bowtech, Hoyt, Mathews and all other bow brand owners.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech, Hoyt, Mathews and all other bow brand owners.

Old 01-03-2010, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bowtech, Hoyt, Mathews and all other bow brand owners.

There has been lots of "brand bashing" going on here for awhile and I know that some is all in good fun, but others have been kinda nasty.

I don't get it really, it all breaks down to this, all bows are weapons, and all are more than capable of killing almost ANY game you want to pursue. I don't think animals give a crap about what you or I are shooting.

You shoot a Bowtech, I shoot a Mathews, and he shoots a Hoyt, and so and so shoot Brand X. How in the hell does that affect ANY of us? Will it make us miss every time we draw back from here on out? No it won't.

ALL products have issues, always have always will. A bow may be perfect for 99 people but the 100th person may "have a problem" either justified or just a personal reason to dislike that certain bow.

This is a open forum, where we share in hunt success and failure, tips and suggestions. When it becomes personal I loose intrest and it creates a bad environment.

Sorry to "ramble" but when a post about a certain bow reaches the point that its locked due to whatever reasons, that throws a red flag for me, lets get back to talking hunting, showing pics, tips and suggestions.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:04 AM
bigcountry

I agree with ya early. I shoot anything. Mostly trad. But not sure if you notice, but there maybe is 3 new posts a day. Not really much going on, wheather its bashing, hunting, or whatever.

Old 01-03-2010, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
I agree with ya early. I shoot anything. Mostly trad. But not sure if you notice, but there maybe is 3 new posts a day. Not really much going on, wheather its bashing, hunting, or whatever.
BC, I agree there is WAY less "talk" going on here compared to a few years ago. There are alot of "lookers" but hardly any participation, and I think alot of the newbies here are scared that if they post something they will get attacked, so they just read, and nothing else.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bigcountry
I didn't make that thread.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:24 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by early in
I didn't make that thread.
Oops, your right. I just got done reading your posts.

Old 01-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by solocamcan
BC, I agree there is WAY less "talk" going on here compared to a few years ago. There are alot of "lookers" but hardly any participation, and I think alot of the newbies here are scared that if they post something they will get attacked, so they just read, and nothing else.

I second that big time. I haven't been here a long time or nothing like that but a lot of the time I'm trying to learn something from the posts that I do read, and everyone has it but if you have a question and you don't wanna look like an idiot... guess what..... your not gonna ask 9/10 times, which means that you haven't been able to get your problem solved or question answered. Its just no good. It reminds me of that Horn Hate/ Antler Envy post a while ago.

Ryan.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:03 AM
Spike

The problem is not with brand bashing but rather brand defending. I shoot bow X and if I should ever publish the cons regarding bow X, the bow X fannies will take it as an offence (I know, they think bow X's manufacturer is paying them or something) and will start bashing me, the poster of valuable information to my fellow consumers.

It's too bad that valuable information gets shot down because of fannies.

BTW, I shoot a Stilletto 380. It does have issues and it is not the best bow out there, but it works for me and that is all that matters.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:41 AM
Spike

Shoot what you like, period. I have two dif. brand name bows, both have thier ups and downs. Both harvest deer for me and both were under $500.00. A guy I know buys the latest big name bow every other year but never shoots a deer.
People get to involved in brand name..
None of the deer I have ever shot were to interested in what type of bow I was shooting..lol
Old 01-03-2010, 11:56 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by x-shocker
The problem is not with brand bashing but rather brand defending.
One of the most insightful posts I have seen in a while.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good post x.

Can't defend a bow without owning one from each other manufacturer to prove your impartial right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.