HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Hunting from the ground with no blind!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/314018-hunting-ground-no-blind.html)

twildasin 01-02-2010 05:21 PM

Hunting from the ground with no blind!!

How many of you ever tried this, hunting from the ground with no blind? I did it with Rob/pa this evening and man I tell ya that is some tough hunting! We had a very exciting hunt shots were almost fired twice! I found this as more of a rush than hunting in a stand and I plan to do more of it in the future.
I think this will be a great challenge for me and I am now really looking forward to taking a deer from the ground with my bow! If I get out anymore This year it will be from the ground! (Rob it will be in the same spot maybe down closer to creek) look forward to hearing some of your stories and strategies to hunting this way!

OklaBowhunter 01-02-2010 05:38 PM

Diffiantly a challenge

I harvested a doe this year from the ground. Its fun but often your busted.

Very rewarding and skill and patience is the key.

Feer win most the times.

Im enjoying building natural ground blinds. Now that fun as well.

Nothing better than eye to eye with a whitetail deer.
DB

elkmtngear 01-02-2010 05:48 PM

I've killed quite a few deer this way, however, for everyone I've killed, I probably got busted 100 times. It definitely gets your heart pumping, though! True Indian style hunting!

Best of Luck to you guys
Jeff

Rob/PA Bowyer 01-02-2010 06:00 PM

Tim,

I had a great time and thank you again for your hospitality. I truly appreciate it. I'm already looking forward to next year.

Keep me posted on the hunts. They deer are there and I think you can get it done.

We almost did today, Almost! :cool2:

Mike L 01-02-2010 06:07 PM

I used to hunt the ground all the time (years ago) when we could still bait. 15 Yards was a rush but I had a big tree that completely hid me. I would wait and draw behind the tree and just peek out enough to get a shot. Those were some of my best times bowhunting.

abianca99 01-02-2010 07:17 PM

I have hunted like this for years now. My favorite way. Definately the most exciting and dissappointing at the same time. Extreme highs and lows. I shot a nice 9 point this year at 1 yard with no blind. It is the highlight of my hunting career.

MeanV2 01-02-2010 08:09 PM

I've done it and it is a Challenge, but also a Blast!!:D

Dan

Schultzy 01-02-2010 08:09 PM

I've taken a couple deer from the ground (one at 10 yards and the other at 17 yards), a rush It Is!! No ground blinds of any sort, I just used what mother nature had and made It work. You damn right It's a challenge Tim, a fun and exciting one at that!!

Best of luck there bud In getting yourself a deer from the ground this year!! Make It happen!!

bloodcrick 01-03-2010 01:28 AM

This is the only way I hunt Turkeys. No pop up anyway!! I build mine from natural materials. Have never tried to hunt deer this way though!

backwoodsboy13 01-03-2010 05:06 AM

I have bowhunted turkey from a creek bed and whenever you get ready to shoot you just move up to the ground a bit and it's really shady so your movements are concealed. I have only tried that once but didn't get anything. I have also tried spot and stalk on turkeys with my bow, doesn't work for.