Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
How Many Bucks Did You See? >

How Many Bucks Did You See?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: How Many Bucks Did You See?
0-5
28.36%
6-10
22.39%
11-15
16.42%
16-20
8.96%
21-25
4.48%
26-30
5.97%
31-35
4.48%
36-40
2.99%
41-45
0%
50+
7.46%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

How Many Bucks Did You See?

Old 01-03-2010, 09:22 AM
Typical Buck

I aw 0 bucks n my home state all season, in 5 1/2 days in Illinois I saw around 12 bucks, two being monster bucks.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:30 AM
Spike

i spent 8 days bow hunting elk and saw several bucks--2 were over 30" but were about 150 yds away---next year i'm spending more time trying for deer--did have several small bucks within 5 to 20 yards--
Old 01-03-2010, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I voted 16-20. Although 85% of them or so were illegal.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm actually surprised by the lower number of Bucks spotted by some !?! I wonder if these low numbers are because of lack of time spent in the woods or because the hunter filled his tags early by shooting the first deer he seen??? I'm very curious? I know if I spent as many hours ALL season long as I do and only seen 5 antlered deer.... wow, that would be hard to deal with.... downright depressing !!!
Old 01-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by IL-Cornfed
I'm actually surprised by the lower number of Bucks spotted by some !?! I wonder if these low numbers are because of lack of time spent in the woods or because the hunter filled his tags early by shooting the first deer he seen??? I'm very curious? I know if I spent as many hours ALL season long as I do and only seen 5 antlered deer.... wow, that would be hard to deal with.... downright depressing !!!

IL-Cornfed, you continue to come across as a prick. I don't get it. YOU hunt good property, YOU see a lot of bucks. Why can't you get that not everyone lives where you do and hunts the types of properties you do? Either you are stupid, a prick, or both.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by virginiashadow
IL-Cornfed, you continue to come across as a prick. I don't get it. YOU hunt good property, YOU see a lot of bucks. Why can't you get that not everyone lives where you do and hunts the types of properties you do? Either you are stupid, a prick, or both.
That right there is funny, I don't care who you are.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by early in
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiashadow

That right there is funny, I don't care who you are.
Funny, but kinda true. There are guys out there that hunt hard and might see 5 DEER a season. That's the hand they're dealt and they are happy to do it.

I saw 15 bucks this season between PA and MD. Probably more in PA than MD, but I hunted more in PA so that's to be expected.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:42 AM
Fork Horn

I live and hunt in MD. I saw 6 different bucks on about 13-15 hunts. 3 of the bucks were 8 points one I got, and one I missed, both with the bow. If I hadn't shot the one I did, I would have had a chance at an absolute monster 8. One was also a 5 pointer that I hit and never recovered. All of the bucks I saw this year I either shot at or was within bow range to make a shot.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by IL-Cornfed
I agree! I just can't imagine it. I mean I have 120 acres here to hunt in IL that I do Not own and share with 5 other hunters. No QDM goes on for the most part. I used my Buck tags up by Nov. 3rd and thus cut my hunting time down drastically. I still sighted close to 40 bucks out of my stand in IL.

Heck I'm not making fun of anyone, and I doubt Brian was either. I know a lot of guys just don't have the time to hunt. Some only get weekends and not all of them. He is just stating how he feels. There is really no use to call someone names over that. Just my opinion.

Dan
Old 01-04-2010, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MeanV2
I agree! I just can't imagine it. I mean I have 120 acres here to hunt in IL that I do Not own and share with 5 other hunters. No QDM goes on for the most part. I used my Buck tags up by Nov. 3rd and thus cut my hunting time down drastically. I still sighted close to 40 bucks out of my stand in IL.

Heck I'm not making fun of anyone, and I doubt Brian was either. I know a lot of guys just don't have the time to hunt. Some only get weekends and not all of them. He is just stating how he feels. There is really no use to call someone names over that. Just my opinion.

Dan
That is YOU Dan. Your life and life responsiblities/hunting spots/goals/aspirations/skill level/time to hunt is different than anyone else.

I am not calling him names. He brings it on himself by constantly ridiculing people who shoot "small" bucks that he deems inferior to his Illinois bucks. He even said one time that his son/daughter makes better decisions and lets 100 inch bucks walk. WHO gives a crap. I don't like to get into it with people on here at all, but i am tired of hearing this crap about people suck at hunting/don't hunt enough/etc. and that is why they only see 5 bucks a year because they kill anything that walks. In fact I am sick and tired of it. It is disrespectful to all those men and women out there that work their butts off to kill deer in less than ideal situations, and yet are made fun by someone who lives and breaths hunting in the big buck mecca of Illinois. It is bullcrap.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.