Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
BowTech Destroyer 350! Beware of Bashers! >

BowTech Destroyer 350! Beware of Bashers!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BowTech Destroyer 350! Beware of Bashers!

Old 01-02-2010, 11:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Boy! Some of you guys are really searching Hard to find something wrong with the Destroyer.

It really is laughable! By the way Don your hero fixed some problems he had a couple of years ago with a Dremel. You won't catch BowTech doing that
Dan
Old 01-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Myself, I think it is healthy to discuss possible issues with new or old bows. No matter if the problem is real, imaginary or just some guys who worries about nothing.

I see no harm is discussing it. As a person who will be buying a new top of the line bow this year, I encourage it for all vendors. Espeically hoyt, bowtech, and mathews. I mean in the end, it only helps the consumer. Brand loyalty does not help the consumer. I have bought bowtech because they were always ahead in thier designs. Always innovative. And maybe they are with this funky cam. Only time will tell.

I never understood a person who would wear a bowtech shirt, or a mathews hat without the company paying them. I know for me, I would not to put a bowtech sticker on the back of my truck unless bowtech paid me. Or people who are so brand loyal that posts like this hurts thier feelings.
Well said...I confess, I am brand loyal, not to the point of having stickers, hats, and shirts with Mathews name on it, but I am loyal to buying Mathews until they give me a reason not to.

I am not a Bowtech basher, but I do read and reading more negative post about certain bows did play into my reason for buying Mathews over certain others.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:02 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by MeanV2
Boy! Some of you guys are really searching Hard to find something wrong with the Destroyer.

It really is laughable! Dan
I wouldn't say searching hard as I have not been able to shoot one yet.

Its just information. nothing wrong with being informed before throwing down hard earned green on a product.

But what is laughable and transparent is damage control.

Advise for all folks who are part of bowtech, or adviser or corp shooter. Don't worry so much about it. Let us consumers talk about it. Let us consumers find out for ourselves. Let us consumers talk about every aspect there is.

If this bow is half as good as you say it is, then good crap will sell itself.

90% of the bows I have bought in the last 10 years, I did not plan to buy. In other words, I walked into a shop to pick up a broadhead or just target shoot, and someone beside me may have had a patriot. I shot it, loved it, bought it. Another person had a liberty, shot it loved it, bought. Shot matt/pa's guardian, loved it, bought one for myself. You don't have to grease us so hard.

But the more corp staff tries to spin it, more nastier it gets.

Imagine on this forum if corp staff didn't try to defend this? I bet it wouldn't have gotten past one page. But now, it is laughable. What is it? 4 pages of negativity.

And I haven't even got to shoot the bow yet.

Last edited by bigcountry; 01-02-2010 at 01:05 PM.

Old 01-02-2010, 01:07 PM
Dominant Buck

By the way Don your hero fixed some problems he had a couple of years ago with a Dremel.
Is admitting that really supposed to make Bowtech customers feel better?
Old 01-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by x-shocker
So the cam "can not touch" those marks: what did? Regardless of whether they came from incompetent workers (which I highly doubt) or cam touching, NEW should be spotless before it leaves the showroom. For 9 bills, that bow in the picture just ain't NEW.

This post is from an average Joe consumer. I will wait for a newer NEW if that is what the present NEW is. Thanks for the heads up.
I have to agree with you. 900 is a lot of money to spend on anything and if I were to spend that kind of money, I'd sure as hell want it to look/perform perfectly. And, as GMMAT suggested, there is a history with previous bows and how defects were handled. I sort of disinterestedly read this entire thread. I'm not in the market for a new bow. I shoot a $400 Mission because it was all I could afford. As an outside observer, and knowing Bowtech's history with this kind of thing, and not really caring one way or another, this doesn't pass the smell test in my opinion.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by GMMAT
Is admitting that really supposed to make Bowtech customers feel better?
There you Go Loathing again!!

BC, There is nothing wrong with information and questions. I think both have been answered to ninth degree on every forum I visit.

Dan
Old 01-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Dominant Buck

Well.....the ones you CAN visit, anyways.

Your remarks are pleasantly and not surprisingly missing from the AT discussion. My "guess" is......for valid (read - SIMILAR) reasons.

Last edited by GMMAT; 01-02-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:42 PM
Spike

As a newbie to both this forum and possibly bowhunting I find this thread and the related ones very interesting/amazing. I like most, tend to let the product stand for itself, I don't need it pushed down my throat to make my decision. The overall "attitude" of the staff/reps of the bow in question have certainly turned me away from that as an option however. Not because of the issue/non-issue with the bow..however you may look at it, but the behavior and attitude that has been displayed while defending the brand by those with some stake in the game..it's a shame...hunting is a sport where everyone can learn a lot from everyone else, as long as there are open minds...
Old 01-02-2010, 01:45 PM
Dominant Buck

As a newbie to both this forum and possibly bowhunting I find this thread and the related ones very interesting/amazing. I like most, tend to let the product stand for itself, I don't need it pushed down my throat to make my decision. The overall "attitude" of the staff/reps of the bow in question have certainly turned me away from that as an option however. Not because of the issue/non-issue with the bow..however you may look at it, but the behavior and attitude that has been displayed while defending the brand by those with some stake in the game..it's a shame...hunting is a sport where everyone can learn a lot from everyone else, as long as there are open minds...
I rest my case.

Is is REALLY worth being "right"......if this is the colatteral damage?

And again (for the record), I've owned FIVE Bowtech bows....and still own one of them.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:47 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by MeanV2
There you Go Loathing again!!

BC, There is nothing wrong with information and questions. I think both have been answered to ninth degree on every forum I visit.

Dan
Well, kinda. They won't be answered until I go shoot one and see the cam myself. And make an informed decision. But now, all of us consumers are informed to look at this issue and make our own decisions. Which is a good thing for archers helping archers..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.