Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
BowTech Destroyer 350! Beware of Bashers! >

BowTech Destroyer 350! Beware of Bashers!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BowTech Destroyer 350! Beware of Bashers!

Old 01-02-2010, 05:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default Check the forums

Originally Posted by niehenke
Well, I am not sure that we are speaking about bows anymore, but I would say that we are displaying our leadership skills so I will send it to the voters and give you my vote. Mean V, I love you man but you let out your frustrations. GMMAT, short and to the point, but not enough in the the game. BigCountry, you are certainly cool, collective, and one persistent sob so you get my vote. Now back to the destroyer, yep I shot one and will be buying one, but I will keep an eye on this area before buying or compressing. Great job to all of those participating.

Be sure and read many reviews on this bow. There have been some red flags. I saw one the other day and it looks nice. Didnt get a chance to shoot it.
DB
Old 01-02-2010, 05:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

The overall "attitude" of the staff/reps of the bow in question have certainly turned me away from that as an option however. Not because of the issue/non-issue with the bow..however you may look at it, but the behavior and attitude that has been displayed while defending the brand by those with some stake in the game..it's a shame.
I am not sure how the "attitudes" from the staff/reps should or would turn any one off from buying this bow. A thread was started about a small scratch on the inside of the limb with the title "buyer beware of Bowtech destroyer" (or something like that) and the "reps" stated what the alleged problem was, how it was happening and that it was a non issue but that wasn't good enough for those that wanted there to actually be something wrong with the bow. I don't have a stake in this at all and i was getting a little agitated with those that just couldn't accept that there isn't anything wrong with the bow.

The way I see it is completely opposite of the way you see it.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:05 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by bigbulls
I am not sure how the "attitudes" from the staff/reps should or would turn any one off from buying this bow. A thread was started about a small scratch on the inside of the limb with the title "buyer beware of Bowtech destroyer" (or something like that) and the "reps" stated what the alleged problem was, how it was happening and that it was a non issue but that wasn't good enough for those that wanted there to actually be something wrong with the bow. I don't have a stake in this at all and i was getting a little agitated with those that just couldn't accept that there isn't anything wrong with the bow.

I guess I should say my concern is not with the product in question but more with the people that are acting in behalf of the manufacturer. I have been in cust service for 20+ yrs and the way a company/staff/reps act means far more to me than the product...if the product is crap I won't buy it..if I'm on the line about it...I'll do a little more research into the company as a whole...

I have done mine on several boards now, and have drawn my conclusion....the main one being...I see now that there are some very "partial" mods/admins on this board.
I have gained a lot of knowledge from this board as a beginner hunter, but that seems to be from the older members that are MIA for the most part now...
I was hoping for a board to be my"home hunting board" but now have a lot of reservations as it is not the open minded place I was hoping it was..
sorry for the confusion, for those that have been informative and helpful I thank you..
Old 01-02-2010, 11:56 PM
Spike

As consumers, we expect the products we are buying to be in spotless conditions. When we bring up little scratches here and there, we expect the rep/sales person to have a little more respect for us, the consumers, by taking care of the issue rather than just brushing the issue under the rug and tells us it is a non-issue. Here is the bottom line, if that little scratch is a non-issue, what else will also be considered a non-issue.

This reminds me of a car salesman telling me that I can buy the brand new Chevrolet Silverado with the scratches and just file a claim with my insurance for the scratches. Let's just say I left the dealership without saying another word.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Here is the bottom line, if that little scratch is a non-issue, what else will also be considered a non-issue.
HELLOOOOOOOO, any one home? It is a non issue because it isn't a design flaw. There are numerous bows out on the market from several manufacturers, some many years old and some relatively new, that will do exactly the same thing as what this BT Destroyer does if the person working on the bow lets the cam rotate to a certain point when it is in a press. If this happensthen the cam will make contact with the limb.

This does not happen when you are shooting the bow.

This reminds me of a car salesman telling me that I can buy the brand new Chevrolet Silverado with the scratches and just file a claim with my insurance for the scratches.
Not even the same scenario.

You could buy the brand new Chevrolet Silverado with no scratches on it as it sits on the lot but when you ask them to change out wheels for another style they scratch it when it is in the rack. This is what is happening with the destroyer.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:06 AM
Dominant Buck

You could buy the brand new Chevrolet Silverado with no scratches on it as it sits on the lot but when you ask them to change out wheels for another style they scratch it when it is in the rack. This is what is happening with the destroyer.
And you're STILL expected to pay full price.....and accept it as "new"?

Brilliant!
Old 01-03-2010, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

As soon as I can get to the shop to shoot one I will. I did look one over and it's a damn sweet looking bow! I knew the scratches were there and the dealer and rob still had to show me them! I'm not concerned about them at all! I hope I like shooting it as much as I like it in my hand!
For the guy who wants to compare a new car to a bow well u were way of bud it's more like when they assemble the brakes and the new pads touch the rotor and scratch them! Get what I'm saying harmless. ;-) have a great week guys
Old 01-03-2010, 05:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I obviously have no dog in this fight because I'm a more than happy owner of a Hoyt. But, I have to say this has been a very interesting thread. It kind of tells you a lot about people and the way they think, or not.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:04 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by bigbulls
I am not sure how the "attitudes" from the staff/reps should or would turn any one off from buying this bow.

Anytime you have to grease people so hard to buy a product, makes me wonder. And bowtech reps grease more than any other. I mean you won't see hoyt reps going to these extremes to defend a scratch. I can't see TFOX behaving this way.

If its good, then it will sell itself. I know for me, if the bowtech reps didn't grease so hard, I would have blew this post off. But now, I will be looking over the destroyer with a fine tooth comb.

Old 01-03-2010, 06:11 AM
Host of Hosts

If you look back over the past 3 or so years about this time of year, you'll find a pattern of BT bashing going on over most every new flagship bow from them. I can see why BT has guys on these forums to try and disspell the rumours.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.