Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Lets talk about what we dont like to talk about. >

Lets talk about what we dont like to talk about.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lets talk about what we dont like to talk about.

Old 12-28-2009, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Lets talk about what we dont like to talk about.

yeah, I agree. Sorry.

Ryan.

Last edited by my7pointmonster; 12-28-2009 at 06:16 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

My opinion is it's best left unsaid. I don't see any good coming from a list of poorly placed shots or uncovered game. Does it happen, yes, is it good to list them, no. IMO.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree some things should Never be posted on the internet!

Dan
Old 01-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Spike

hey guys im very new to the sport of bowhunting only been shooting a bow for 2 weeks. But a week ago I was hunting at a friends ranch and we were shooting management bucks and does. Well after about 3 hours in the stand a spike walks to the feeder. I picked up the 243 and took the shot, he was about 15 yards out. This spike I know I hit him double lung and heart shot, but little did we know we would never find him. Me and my girlfriend get out of the stand and go and look for him and the blood trail was consistent for bout 3/4 a mile. After following the blood trail for 4 hours and the dogs on the trail the trail ended in the Guadalupe River. The river holds my bounty now.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:20 PM
Spike

but that does not discourage me, because the experience was great and I got to spend it with my girlfriend teaching her all about hunting. To me hunting is not about going out there and taking the biggest buck, its about being out there and just admiring what there is to offer. If I get a good buck thats fine with me if I dont I just get up the next morning and enjoy it maybe bringing back with me some good eatin. A bad day of hunting beats a good day at work, but to me there is never a bad day of hunting just shots you wish you could have placed better.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by TrueTexanSkoal
hey guys im very new to the sport of bowhunting only been shooting a bow for 2 weeks. But a week ago I was hunting at a friends ranch and we were shooting management bucks and does. Well after about 3 hours in the stand a spike walks to the feeder. I picked up the 243 and took the shot, he was about 15 yards out. This spike I know I hit him double lung and heart shot, but little did we know we would never find him. Me and my girlfriend get out of the stand and go and look for him and the blood trail was consistent for bout 3/4 a mile. After following the blood trail for 4 hours and the dogs on the trail the trail ended in the Guadalupe River. The river holds my bounty now.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is no way in the world you double lunged that deer let alone heart shot it as well. 1 lung, possible. But if you had hit where you stated, with a high powered rifle, he would have fallen within 50 yards tops.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

OOOOh Texas deer are sooooooooooooooooo tough.

Keep looking you might find oil.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:25 PM
Spike

sorry that "and" was supposed to be an "or" there was no way to tell since we never found it and it was a young spike it is possible for a buck to run that far i have seen plenty of deer run farther than anyone would expect it to with a good clean shot through it hitting vitals.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I think this thread ends here.

Ryan.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by my7pointmonster
Yeah I think this thread ends here.

Ryan.
But it could be SO much fun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.