HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Another "why" question.... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/313542-another-why-question.html)

kwaldeier 12-27-2009 06:05 PM

Another "why" question....

how can people that hunt on tv talk so much and make so much movement with big deer right there and the deer dont notice or mind??especially with alot of deer eyes....i slightly move my head an inch or 2 to look each way to look and move my eyes alot and dont make a sound and deer still notice me....it baffles me!! thoughts!?

Mike L 12-27-2009 06:17 PM

I think those guy's on tv are up in the tree about 20 feet. I see a lot of them grab their bows when the deer are about 50-60 yards out. Just a guess but they do it when the deer has it's head down.

Schobs 12-27-2009 06:58 PM

Some of the shots you see on TV/videos are reenactments, filmed after the deer is on the ground.

daleintampa 12-27-2009 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by kwaldeier (Post 3540430)
how can people that hunt on tv talk so much and make so much movement with big deer right there and the deer dont notice or mind??especially with alot of deer eyes....i slightly move my head an inch or 2 to look each way to look and move my eyes alot and dont make a sound and deer still notice me....it baffles me!! thoughts!?

Maybe the Deer smell you, Not see you. My brother in Law went hunting with me the other day and he was walking in front of me about ten feet and he smelled like his Wife washed his clothes with the whole Damn Bottle of detergent !!!!! If I could smell him, Iwonder how far the Deer could smell him

I also think the Hunting show people are GOOD at what they do, or I'de be getting paid to Hunt. My favorite TV people are David Morris and Hank Parker.

125py 12-27-2009 08:21 PM

reinactments and less pressured deer not looking up at much

cartman308 12-28-2009 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by Schobs (Post 3540477)
Some of the shots you see on TV/videos are reenactments, filmed after the deer is on the ground.

Originally Posted by 125py (Post 3540536)
reinactments and less pressured deer not looking up at much

There ya go. The majority are reenactments or have the audio dubbed in later.

4evrhtn 12-28-2009 04:11 AM

Probably because there is so little hunting pressure, The deer on those shows haven't learned there is danger in the tree tops. When we hunt our lease in Ohio we have found the same thing... the deer almost never look up. Here in Pa fawns look up in the trees to bust you.

MeanV2 12-28-2009 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by Schobs (Post 3540477)

I agree! More than most people know. I've been on hunts where they were doing videos and they did a lot of filming to dub in:wink:

Dan

DeerandbearhoG 12-28-2009 04:53 AM

Because IMO, hunting shows are FAKE, just like any other "reality" show.

kickin_buck 12-28-2009 06:04 AM

It is true that a lot of what is see on a video or a TV show is cut outs, shot after or before the hunt. I filmed for a few years, the first thing you do when you get in a tree is film your hunter drawing his bow or shouldering his gun, do an interview, just a much of taping. Another thing that does allow them to talk more, is the fact that they normally hunt very high. When filming, it was very common for us to be between 30 and 40 feet up, which allows you to get away with alot more movement.

I remember one time when the guy I was filming for was in Neb on a rifle hunt. We killed the last night of our hunt, with just minutes of light left. We found the deer after dark. The next day we were going to film out cut outs, but it was raining and the day did not match at all. We returned to Illinois and filmed them on his farm, weeks after the hunt happened and that was the majority of what was put on the video, cracks me up every time I watch it.