Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Another "why" question.... >

Another "why" question....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Another "why" question....

Old 12-28-2009, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kickin_buck
It is true that a lot of what is see on a video or a TV show is cut outs, shot after or before the hunt. I filmed for a few years, the first thing you do when you get in a tree is film your hunter drawing his bow or shouldering his gun, do an interview, just a much of taping. Another thing that does allow them to talk more, is the fact that they normally hunt very high. When filming, it was very common for us to be between 30 and 40 feet up, which allows you to get away with alot more movement.

I remember one time when the guy I was filming for was in Neb on a rifle hunt. We killed the last night of our hunt, with just minutes of light left. We found the deer after dark. The next day we were going to film out cut outs, but it was raining and the day did not match at all. We returned to Illinois and filmed them on his farm, weeks after the hunt happened and that was the majority of what was put on the video, cracks me up every time I watch it.
that was one of the answers i had in my head was the height of the tree stands....doesnt seem like 30 or 40 feet tho...
Old 12-28-2009, 08:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

I never knew they refilmed parts of the hunt that sucks. I waved at one last year. Gave one the finger. I guess your smell is alerting them. I got up pissed and got caught with my pants down with a deer down wind they never knew I was there. Well till I sit up and pulled my pants up. I have had them down wind four time with no issue this year.