Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Rangefinders: Bushnell Scout 1000 ARC VS Leupold Rx-750 >

Rangefinders: Bushnell Scout 1000 ARC VS Leupold Rx-750

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rangefinders: Bushnell Scout 1000 ARC VS Leupold Rx-750

Old 12-27-2009, 10:22 AM
Typical Buck

Default Rangefinders: Bushnell Scout 1000 ARC VS Leupold Rx-750

I got both of these range finders for christmas and need reviews and help deciding which one i should return? Im looking to keep the one of better quality since they cost basically the same. thanks for the help.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Keep the Leupold. The company produces high quality products that they always stand behind.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've had Good luck with both companies, but since you need to make a choice...........................................

I would keep the Leupolds!

Dan
Old 12-28-2009, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dan is right. Both are good companies. Nothin wrong with Bushnell.

However, my parents bought me a 4x Leupold in 1982. Since then, the scope has been through uni-imaginable use and abuse. In 1996, I damaged the scope on an elk hunt. Leupold fixed it for free. My daughter is still killing deer with it and someday when my future grandkids break it, Leupold will still fix it.

Leupold also offers a 40% discount to military which is pretty darn patriotic (expires end of 2009).
Old 12-28-2009, 09:24 AM
bigcountry

Anyone who knows me knows I am a Leupold fan. But

Leupold range finders were the biggest disappointment (besides rifleman scope) that company ever turned out. I have used Leica 1200, used and currently own bushnell Legend waterproof, and the leupold RX600. And the leupold is aweful. The optics are blurred out to 600-1000 yards. You couldn't resolve a moose out to 600 yards if you had too. The leicas are well Leica's, you can't beat em but comes with a price tag.

but for bang for the buck, the older legends are the best. ARC is a waste of time. I also don't know about the waterpoofness of the new legends.

Here is what I suggest. Take both and take a drive. See which one can resolve the image the best out to 500, 600 or even further. See which one can actually range the furthest.

Old 12-28-2009, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Or you could take both back and get an even better one.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have the bushnell love it great range finder. I think either will do you good or like someone said take both back get a better one. If it was me I would take one back and get a treestand or maybe a new gun. We all know you can never have to many guns.