Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Got a bow

Old 12-26-2009, 01:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default Got a bow

The wife got a me a bow for Christmas. Its a Parker Wildfre XP package. I'm new to bows, is there anything I should do to this to make it better?

Thanks

Old 12-26-2009, 02:22 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the new bow. You might want to look and getting a different peep that doesn't attach with tubing. The tubing tends to get caught on brush and limbs when hunting. I am shooting a meta peep right now. I am not crazy about it, but it is alright. I shoot really accurate with it, but it took a long time to get it aligned on my string.

Also the string chubs will break within a few hundred shots. I'd shoot it till they break off and replace it with cat whiskers.

And maybe a string suppressor.
Old 12-26-2009, 02:32 PM
Fork Horn

Thansk for the response. I have alot of research to do because I didnt understand a word you wrote
Old 12-26-2009, 02:48 PM
Typical Buck

The tubing I referred to attaches from the peep site to the power cables and is a little piece of rubber surgical tubing.

The chubs are the rubber pieces inserted in the string at the top and bottom.

A string suppressor attaches to the back of the riser and stop the string when you shoot.

I would shoot it for a couple of weeks before you do anything to it. That way you will be able to see the difference in the changes you make.
Old 12-26-2009, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Go to this>http://www.oregonsportsmans.com/foru...opic.php?t=133
Download Eastons tuning guide their. It will tell you just about everything to get your bow tuned up and shooting good. Good luck and enjoy your new bow!
Old 12-27-2009, 04:07 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the help guys.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:35 PM
Fork Horn

I spose you need to get a release - one of those that wraps around your wrist is nice (with a trigger) - and put on a nocking point and a string loop (string loop is optional but popular - it keeps the relaese from wearing through the string).

Nice bow, I bought almost the same package and am waiting for it to arrive in the mail.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:12 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on becoming a Parker Bow Hunter! I am 16 and have hunted with my Parker Buck Hunter XP for 2 seasons now and have harvested 2 bucks and a doe with it. I LOVE it! My bow is very similar to yours. I also got the package deal and it came with everything attached to your bow. I didn't change a thing on it the first year, but last year I bought a different sight. Good Luck in the future with your Parker bow!
Old 12-28-2009, 06:36 PM
Fork Horn

A stabliizer, maybe? and for sure, get a release and a D loop.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the bow! One thing you are going to want to do is make sure it fits you right. Get your draw length measured and make sure that bow is adjusted to match or you will be learning some bad habits and selling yourself short. Get to a pro shop, talk to someone knowledgable, and get yourself set-up correctly and ENJOY!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.