Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Strother Archery bows are shipping/site up to date >

Strother Archery bows are shipping/site up to date

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Strother Archery bows are shipping/site up to date

Old 01-17-2010, 11:54 AM
Banned

Congrats on getting good resale on an old LX. I remember that bow, as it was a toss up for me that year at my local dealer of that bow or the Hoyt. I bought the Hoyt. You will find deals with any bow brand when guys are broke, and money is tight; especially in this recession. Go to AT and look at my thread starts and sales. This is my experience with the Elite line. I make money buying Elites from dealers in communities where archers only shoot what their dealer pushes or what some TV show or magazine pushes. I enjoy them, maybe kill an animal, and sell them for a profit. Elites forum has many Elite collectors on there. One guy has 5 E-500 in various dip patterns.
Ask the WKP(white knuckle Productions) guys opinions on these Elite bows. No bow is for everyone, I like these the best so far. IF we all liked the same things, it would be a boring world. It just seems ridiculous for people that have no interest in a Strother bow to come on a Strother thread and start talking about why an Engineer chooses to work, sell the companies, or how many marriages etc. I know that the Mathews bow company engineers, Hoyts, or Bowtechs engineers have their own lifes,been fired from jobs, quit, been married/divorced, run cats over in the employee parking lot etc., and no one cares or questions them. I know I don't care. I care about what works for me. I know that these Strother bows are going to be a hit, and I know I will get good, fast resale, when I want to sell. That's because the market isn't flooded with new or used ones. I remember the beating I took on many of my Hoyts every year, to just trade up. I like extreme speed, but I have to have a smooth draw, and quietness in my bow. What one guy likes, of course another won't. Look at the videos of that Strother SR-71, a 350 plus fps IBO, and no big hump at the end of the draw. These bows are BARE bows, and are quiet. I can hear other bows going off in the far background, that are LOUD, and yet these Strother bows are quiet. I love Predator camo...what a bonus..no bow to strip and send to a dip shop. These will be shooters and sellers imo.

Last edited by hardcorehunter; 01-17-2010 at 12:12 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Elite..Strothers they may be good bows, but for me and alot of people I know that bowhunt, and cant afford to buy a new bow or two every year would be more reluctant buying a bow they have never heard of, not rush out or online and buy. ALL bows have there own "cult following", and some never grow much outside of that circle, IMO, thats what these will be.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by solocamcan
Elite..Strothers they may be good bows, but for me and alot of people I know that bowhunt, and cant afford to buy a new bow or two every year would be more reluctant buying a bow they have never heard of, not rush out or online and buy. ALL bows have there own "cult following", and some never grow much outside of that circle, IMO, thats what these will be.
I agree. 99% of bow hunters don't know what Elite Archery, New Breed Archery, Strother Archery, ASAT camo, or Predator camo is. They know Hoyt, Mathews, Bowtech, Mossy oak camo, and Realtree camo. Thanks to these forums, I became educated on what I FEEL is a better product, INSTEAD of what the media's advertising blitz TELLS me what I should shoot and wear.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like the looks of the inspire best. Sounds like a great all around bow
Old 01-18-2010, 04:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hardcorehunter
JB, I am Glad I am just a bow hunter, archer, and NOT a dealer. That way I can just buy and shoot what is the best for me...
Absolutely Don! I think often though one's personal opinions as a bowhunter, on "who to support" as opposed to "whom should a dealer support" are 2 very different things. That was the distinction I was trying to make. On a personal level I LOVE Elite bows, and was really impressed with the new G5 bow with the ELite cams too (especially for the $). I'm sure Kevin's new bows are awesome too (will find out today what my dealer thought of them).

Too much competition to get a good price for them used, and they depreciate worst then a used mobile home. But the high resale of the Elites...
This was not my experience at all selling my GT500. Barring left handed models, I've always had fairly good return on Hoyt, Mathews and Bowtech models- Especially Mathews. The other good thing is that they often sell quickly as long as you are not asking too much for them compared to "lesser known" bows.

As it is- as soon as it walks out the door , you will be doing well if you get 50-60% of what you paid for it. New bows are like new computers unfortunately.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:10 AM
Banned

some good related info. Also post 38 in the 1st link; pretty well answers/says it all

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1113865

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1114152

Pretty neat to see the designer himself, get on these threads and answer questions.

Last edited by hardcorehunter; 01-18-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love the looks of these bows and like Jeffb; I have never met a Strother bow, I didn't like. But, with a 7 mnth old and another one due in 3.5 mnths, I just can't make myself spend the money. I would LOVE to try this bow, BUT despite the fact that I paid our doctor bill's in advance, on the first visit. I have just turned into a tight wad with the boys coming along.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:28 PM
Banned

I found this interesting:
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1115334

GSLAM95

My 2010 ATA Show Top Picks List!
It was a great show with a lot of New products. I did not take or have the time to snap any pictures as I made an honest effort to step into any and every booth that I could. Wednesday, Thursday was cut-n-run & write the obvious order days while the evenings were hotel room study crunch for Friaday orders.
The list below are my personal favorite choices...

BOWS:

Elite - Still climbing up the ladder with quality, shootability and some new accessories.

Athens - I did not look at them in 09 but shot them this year and was impressed. Perhaps a bold statement to some but I think their machining is 2nd to none in the industry! Quality all the way around..

Strothers - I think Kevin has another home run on design.

Quivers:

TightSpot (still #1 in my book)
ZEN - by Athens (with a built in bow hook - nice)
G5 MagLoc Compact
Elite Treelimb quiver

Rest:
Ripcord Code Red
QAD
G5 Expert Pro

Sights:

TruBall Axcel Armortech
Athens Rellik
G5 Rock
TruGlo Micro Brite series

Sight Light:

Watch for a new compact micro push button from TruGlo
G5 Optix is a proven light as well

Releases:

1st place tie ---- TruBall - Assassin SST & Spot Hogg - Wise Guy
Tru Ball - BEAST
Timney - Archery trigger model 2201

Broadheads:

NEW G5 T3
NEW NAP BloodRunner2
Reign (New last year and peaking my interest)

Peep sights:

The New "Red Eye" by Ep hunting (makers of the Reign broadhead)

Lighted Nocks:

battery powered - FIRENOCK (hands down proven performer)
Non battery powered - The Fire Fly (down fall is only one size)

Bow Cases:

Pole Mountain Outdoors - Hardcase B-II

Rangefinder:

Opti-Logic Micro I - Hang on to your hats folks as this thing is going to storm the bowhunting rangefinder industry!

Game Cameras:

Reconyx - HyperFire HC600 & HC500 (The others don't even belong in the same category)
Primos - New in the game with 4 models of the Truth Cam

Ground Blinds:
Note- I crawled inside each one of these blinds and they are in the order picked due to my past 10+ yrs experience of using ground blinds.

The New Crusher by Primos Double Bull - waterproof & scentproof pleated fabric, New hub system, included frame pack which doubles for other uses. (available late summer/fall)
Primos Double Bull Dark Horse
ASAT Blind
New Lone Wolf Blind
Rhino

Bow Holder:

Pole Mountain - BowLegs (durable aluminum & weighs in at 4ozs) unique simple design!

Lights:

CYCLOPS 3 watt Hand held spot light Model CYC-3WS6AA
240/10.8 lumen output
also has green non game spooking mode

Video Equipment

Sport Vu - by Jk outdoor products

Not on their website yet but WOW what a universal mini sport video cam. First of it's kind designed with a Sony CCD imager. Comes with many mounting options standard (bow, scope, bike, tree, helmet, motorcycle, car window) I seen in person the recording and playback between the sport vu, epic and roscoby (the quality was listed in order )

i-Kam Xtreme 3.0
Sunglasses with built in video with 736x480 playback resolution (just another angle to catch that bowshot ) by predator outdoor products
Clothing:

Many choices but I liked
First Lite - New camo choices same great quality merino wool
Sitka - The new Optifade Forest

Treestands:

Muddy Outdoors - Their added footrest is a big plus anlong with the changes to a New model ladder stand.

Safety system:

Rescue One by Mountaineer sports

Muddy safeguard

These are a few of the items that I personally picked up on that stuck out in my mind. Many more but these were my show favorites for the most part.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by solocamcan
Sale $500.00ELITE GT 500 NEWCOMPOUND BOWS ELITE ARCHERYRH 2780

I know NOTHING about Elite, so I dont know if this one of there top of the line models, but $500.00 for a new bow. I just sold my LX which is 6 years old I think, for $468.00 on Ebay. You maybe should have looked on Ebay before saying that, there are Elites listed on there right now anywhere from 300-600, dont see the huge value of resale you are claiming???
Looks like you got good money for yours. Just cruising thru AT classifieds tonight, and here is a mint, like new mathews LX for $325.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1115080
Old 01-19-2010, 08:39 PM
Site Bouncer

Originally Posted by hardcorehunter
The Vanquish is an 8" brace height bow, and is labeled their,"hunting" bow. Perhaps you missed this.

No.....it has a 7 3/4in brace height....

That's a nice looking bow!! It might even get me to overlook the fact that it's not a single cam bow......if it only came in my draw length!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.