Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Strother Archery bows are shipping/site up to date >

Strother Archery bows are shipping/site up to date

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Strother Archery bows are shipping/site up to date

Old 01-16-2010, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I kind of think what Bigbulls is saying is that he isnt going to add a new bow line just because it has the Strothers name on it or linked to it.--------if the trend continues he would be adding a new one every year or two. First botwech then elite now strother.
I know if my proshop guy sold me a bow this year and next year quit carrying that manufacturers line I wouldnt be happy

Im not bashing Strother bows---I know nothing anbout them besides what I have seen here.

One question I do have is---------would bowtech or elite allow one of their dealers to carry Strother bows??
Old 01-16-2010, 03:17 PM
Banned

More news form the ATA. Strother Archery has a solid limb model, called the Valor, MSRP $599. 8 1/4 brace/325fps.

Inspire 7 3/8" brace 333 fps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0iOl...layer_embedded
Old 01-16-2010, 03:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dprsdhunter
I kind of think what Bigbulls is saying is that he isnt going to add a new bow line just because it has the Strothers name on it or linked to it.--------if the trend continues he would be adding a new one every year or two. First botwech then elite now strother.
I know if my proshop guy sold me a bow this year and next year quit carrying that manufacturers line I wouldnt be happy
Bowtech and Elite are still selling well..so why does it matter if Kevin still designs their bows or not? Elites have a lifetime, transferrable warranty, regardless of what owner in line you are. The best warranty in the industry. Elites are holding their value VERY well. I just sold an 06 E-Force last month, for $550. I also just sold a custom GT500 for $700. So, I would carry as many top of the line bow brands that the companies would let me, and what my local economy would support. I wouldn't worry about whether the Engineer/designer is going to work at another company in a few years or not. Kevin makes solid designs, and his bows will sell well. Right now would be a great time to be one of the few and hard to find Strother dealers. Demand is high, and hard to find a dealer at the moment, without driving. I would jump on a Strother dealership in a heartbeat, so that I could have a monopoly in the area.

One question I do have is---------would bowtech or elite allow one of their dealers to carry Strother bows??
I can't answer..don't know.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:17 PM
Typical Buck

I remember reading a post awhile back posted by hardcorehunter praising the elite line of bows and my first thought was that this guy must be a dealer pushing the elite name,and by your from your own mouth i've read where you a recently fan of both bowtech and elite and now you are pushing these new strother bows and I'm not sure you have even shot one and all of a sudden they'r the best thing ever,that is your opinion and you have that right,just as everyone has a right to theirs.You also imply that maybe bowtech and elite are no good now that this kevin has left.I have shot pse,mathews and now bowtech and have never had a problem with any of them,as i am sure both elite and strother are fine bows as well,but you seem to be a little closed minded when it comes to this kevin guy,I don't know you just come off as being biased in some way and not willing to concede that there are companies out there that can design a bow as well as your beloved kevin,maybe you shoud ask him out for a date and profess your love,i'm sure it will be a lasting relationship,but maybe not with his track record,but hey we know it can't be any of his own doing that he left those other companies it must be all on them.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by treboryerf
I remember reading a post awhile back posted by hardcorehunter praising the elite line of bows and my first thought was that this guy must be a dealer pushing the elite name,
I still do..awesome bows..the best I have shot to date. I shoot more bows then most ever will. I go to dealers, pro shops, and shoot. I take archery/bow hunting serious. And best of all, I have NO FINANCIAL GAIN in my reviews I am just gun ho about archery and excellent equipment. My time is valuable, and when I have time to bow hunt, I want what works best for me, and I won't apologize for being passionate about it. My advice is to just go to another thread if you don't like mine.
You also imply that maybe bowtech and elite are no good now that this kevin has left.
Imply Bowtech and Elite are no good??? lol...that's why I owned 9 of them in the last year? I am currently hunting with an Elite GTO. I love it. I also owned 5 Bowtechs this last year, a Guardian, a Tribute, an 82nd Airborne, and an Equalizer.

I have shot pse,mathews and now bowtech and have never had a problem with any of them
Good for you, now go start a thread and give us some new info from the ATA show on the new models
you seem to be a little closed minded when it comes to this kevin guy,I don't know you just come off as being biased in some way and not willing to concede that there are companies out there that can design a bow as well
You are mistaking biased for experience in shooting his designs.
as your beloved kevin,maybe you shoud ask him out for a date and profess your love,
You sound like a 12 year old lol.
i'm sure it will be a lasting relationship,but maybe not with his track record,but hey we know it can't be any of his own doing that he left those other companies it must be all on them.
Track record?? Lol...yep..he makes great bows...NO ONE will dispute that. I don't care if he quit, got fired, or got caught running over cats in the parking lot. Who else should care, except the types that read the Enquirer?. BTW..I am only a fan of Jesus Christ; he was perfect, free of sin, and died so I can have eternal life.

Last edited by hardcorehunter; 01-16-2010 at 04:52 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:45 PM
Typical Buck

whatever.......................................... .....
Old 01-16-2010, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

As I aid I have no intent on bashing strother bows. I know nothing about them besides what I have seen on here. I will say from watching the videos they do seem to shoot well.
I doubt i will even ever shoot one as the nearest dealer is at least 3 hours away. Even if i did shoot one and thought it was the greatest thing on earth i doubt i would own one simply for the fact my proshop guy doesnt sell them.

I have no doubt that in an area there is a Strother dealer the bows will sell. Especially if the shop pushes them. It seems to me that most guys in a given area shoot what the pro shop pushes. For years the main line our local shop carried was High Country-guess what we all shot High Country. Now his main line is bowtech and most now shoot bowtech. Another shop opened about a half hour away who carries 4 big name brands . Most from that shop shoot mathews as that is what he really pushed .

In all fairness I will say I dont think Don has bashed bowtech or another brand. He openly admits to owning them,shooting them and likeing them. However it does seem he pushes for Strother as hard or seriously as any other bow manufaturer prostaffer or affiliate.
It makes me wonder if someday we will see Stother prostaff in his signature.

As for him dating Kevin Stother--- I wouldnt go as far to say that-----besided I dont think his new hadcore hunter suit is built for two .

Besides I think that spot is taken
Old 01-16-2010, 05:08 PM
Typical Buck

I guess he would push mathews if kevin landed there next.I do agree that most people shoot whatever line their local dealer is pushing as their main line,as stated in an ealier post there are no elite or strother close by me to my knowledge,but i'm not in the market for a new bow either.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:17 PM
Banned

As I aid I have no intent on bashing strother bows. I know nothing about them besides what I have seen on here. I will say from watching the videos they do seem to shoot well.
I doubt i will even ever shoot one as the nearest dealer is at least 3 hours away. Even if i did shoot one and thought it was the greatest thing on earth i doubt i would own one simply for the fact my proshop guy doesnt sell them.

I have no doubt that in an area there is a Strother dealer the bows will sell. Especially if the shop pushes them. It seems to me that most guys in a given area shoot what the pro shop pushes. For years the main line our local shop carried was High Country-guess what we all shot High Country. Now his main line is bowtech and most now shoot bowtech. Another shop opened about a half hour away who carries 4 big name brands . Most from that shop shoot mathews as that is what he really pushed .

In all fairness I will say I dont think Don has bashed bowtech or another brand. He openly admits to owning them,shooting them and likeing them. However it does seem he pushes for Strother as hard or seriously as any other bow manufaturer prostaffer or affiliate.
It makes me wonder if someday we will see Stother prostaff in his signature.
Lol..I doubt they would want me...I speak too openly with my comments. In all fairness, in small companies like Elite, and Strother...if someone on the net or in their shooting circle of friends, doesn't get the word out on these bows, people just wouldn't know about them. Just like you have stated, people shoot what their dealers push. Here in IA, archers know very little about Elite archery. I found a 2006 Elite E-500 brand new on a Dealers rack at Scheels in a huge mega mall in West Des Moines IA last winter. This was Elites flagship speed bow of 2006. Basically the Corvette version of the 06 Bowtech Allegiance, since both were designed by Kevin in 2006. The E-500 is a better bow. It has a better grip(side plates) barnsdale limbs, and Winner's Choice string. This bow was on the rack new, with $300 worth of accessories, for $300!!! I made a call in fact to GMMAT, and two other guys, asking them what they knew about this bow. They knew nothing, and neither did I. I bought it. What a steal. I turned around and traded it, plus $200 for a Predator Green 09 GT500, with a Sword Twilight site, Posten stab, Crackers Strings, and super tuned at Terminal Velocity, to a guy that wanted $1000 for his setup. Due to the rareness of this bow, and the mint condition it was in, we were both happy traders. So, I am happy to spread the word about these fine bows,as I am an Archer helping Archers
Old 01-16-2010, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hardcorehunter
Lol..I doubt they would want me...I speak too openly with my comments. In all fairness, in small companies like Elite, and Strother...if someone on the net or in their shooting circle of friends, doesn't get the word out on these bows, people just wouldn't know about them. Just like you have stated, people shoot what their dealers push. Here in IA, archers know very little about Elite archery. I found a 2006 Elite E-500 brand new on a Dealers rack at Scheels in a huge mega mall in West Des Moines IA last winter. This was Elites flagship speed bow of 2006. Basically the Corvette version of the 06 Bowtech Allegiance, since both were designed by Kevin in 2006. The E-500 is a better bow. It has a better grip(side plates) barnsdale limbs, and Winner's Choice string. This bow was on the rack new, with $300 worth of accessories, for $300!!! I made a call in fact to GMMAT, and two other guys, asking them what they knew about this bow. They knew nothing, and neither did I. I bought it. What a steal. I turned around and traded it, plus $200 for a Predator Green 09 GT500, with a Sword Twilight site, Posten stab, Crackers Strings, and super tuned at Terminal Velocity, to a guy that wanted $1000 for his setup. Due to the rareness of this bow, and the mint condition it was in, we were both happy traders. So, I am happy to spread the word about these fine bows,as I am an Archer helping Archers

Well if not pro staff you should atleast get to use the title "Regional Marketing Rep"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.