Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Strother Archery bows are shipping/site up to date >

Strother Archery bows are shipping/site up to date

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Strother Archery bows are shipping/site up to date

Old 01-16-2010, 08:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MeanV2
As far as Camo patterns is concerned. I am sure if you did a national poll Predator would end up way down the list in popularity. I as well as many others on the forums do like Predator and other open patterns such as ASAT.
I agree; most hunters don't even know what the two are. They only know what the stores sell commonly, or what they see their favorite TV hunter pushing on their sponsored by the camo company show.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bigcountry
You know this has always intrigued me. Ever since this "kevin" came on here, its been an ongoing soap opera. I don't know kevin, and don't really care to know him. I know he's a bow engineer, and know his history. But why are people so wrapped up with this soap opera? Especially hunters. I can see my wife getting into this.

I have watched all the bowtech staff do thier regular spin, saying he is a jerk, he is nasty, he is this and that. I don't care honestly. He could be mean to kittens and puppys at night and call them names for all I care. I have even seen bowtech influence thier dealers.
Well said
Old 01-16-2010, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oregon Hydrographics
First let me say I am not attacking anyone for their comments! I just want to say from someone with a different look!

1. KEVIN WAS FIRED FROM BT: Yes he was, I worked for BT at the time 2000-2008. But Do anyone besides John S. and Kevin know what was said behind the closed doors, No. I hear alot of the stuff from the higher ups there, and at one point I can understand, but was there alternatives, Sure there was. Did he do something so detrimental to Bowtech that hurt them, No... But it is what it is! The good thing for all of us Bowhunters is that it created now 2 more Bow companies with a quality bow to chose from! Bowtech is what it is BECAUSE of Kevins designs, they have moved on and brought on new competent designers and are continuing to put out a quality bow! Elite, another Quality Bow company because of Kevin, So I have faith that Strother Archery will also provide Quality Bows for all of us interested in his line!

2. NOT GOING TO DRIVE 200 MILES TO TEST A SA BOW: That is fine, they are a new company and with the economy the way it is today I understand dealer being cautious with where they spend their money! That will probably change alot once the ATA is over and dealers and reps get to shoot a SA Bow. Bowtech wasn't in driving distance to everyone when they first started either! Hopefully a proshop near you gets one in for you to test before anyone can make a true statement about a item they must test it!

3. DIPPING YOUR BOW IN MOST CASES VOIDS THE WARRANTY: That is a incorrect statement! Since no bow company warranties the camo due to wear! The only cases I have seen is when a customer dips their cams will it effect the warranty due to the risk of the string jumping the tracking and causing damage to the limbs or cams for the string jumping the track and seizing the bow! Please if you can PROVE any bow manufacture that will Void the warranty due to having the bow (riser, pocket and limbs) dipped let me know so I can let customers know if they call me to redip their X brand bow!

With this being said I wish you all shoot the bow that makes YOU the happiest!!! But test alot of them before you buy because NEVER have archery customers had so many great options available to us!!!!

Mike,

I believe I remember you working in the Water Dog division (Sales) which came about in 2004 or so but what area did you work in prior to that?
Old 01-16-2010, 10:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hardcorehunter aparantly you are unable to read and comprehend my posts. It would seem that you, not me, is the one obsessed with and stalking Kevin. You are the one that is following him around like a wet puppy dog every time he starts yet another company so you can buy a bow from the "new" Kevin Strothers archery.

I am simply asking legitimate questions in an attempt to to understand the reasoning behind his business decisions. You see, it is actually beneficial to understand the people behind a company and how and why they make the business decisions that the do instead of just following them blindly.

Your comments do truly belong in the youth forum. Good luck with your bows, I am done trying to have a legitimate conversation with children.

Last edited by bigbulls; 01-16-2010 at 01:18 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:02 PM
Dominant Buck

You see, it is actually beneficial to understand the people behind a company and how and why they make the business decisions that the do instead of just following them blindly.
Unless you're a customer....(and I think it's pretty clear to us all you're NOT), what do you need to understand?
Old 01-16-2010, 12:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Until he jumped ship AGAIN we were a customer of his.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Last computor I bought I did so without a background check on the designers, engineer's or owners of the company. Bought it based on how the product worked when I saw it and tried it. Imagine that.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:16 PM
Dominant Buck

Sounds like you made a business decision, bigbulls. Good for you. You thinking of picking his line back up? If not.....????????????????????????
Old 01-16-2010, 01:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

It isn't up to me but I will certainly not be pushing to pick up Strothers Archery. But we will be keeping Bowtech and Elite.

You guys need to understand that I am not looking at this from an end consumer perspective but a dealers perspective. The consumer probably couldn't care less if he, or any one else, moves around every 3 - 5 years from company to company. But from a dealers view it is bad business. Dealers will likely get tired of it and there will be less and less dealers willing to do business with him in the future.

Last edited by bigbulls; 01-16-2010 at 02:33 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bigbulls
Hardcorehunter aparantly you are unable to read and comprehend my posts. It would seem that you, not me, is the one obsessed with and stalking Kevin. You are the one that is following him around like a wet puppy dog every time he starts yet another company so you can buy a bow from the "new" Kevin Strothers archery.

I am simply asking legitimate questions in an attempt to to understand the reasoning behind his business decisions. You see, it is actually beneficial to understand the people behind a company and how and why they make the business decisions that the do instead of just following them blindly.

Your comments do truly belong in the youth forum. Good luck with your bows, I am done trying to have a legitimate conversation with children.
I owned many Bowtechs and an Elite, before I even knew who he was. I bought an Elite E-500, I joined the Elite forum, had questions about finding some mods for my newly acquired Elite E-500, Kevin saw that I needed help locating some mods, took it upon himself to personally send me the mods I needed, free of charge, and done all on his own accord to keep a customer happy. This impressed me, to say the least. I started reading reviews, from archery heads, on different Elite bow models, and I bought, traded, and owned 4 Elites this last year. Everyone of them was what I like and prefer in a bow...smooth draw, extreme speed, great grip, and quiet. In fact, the best bows I have shot to date. Now, when Karbon, Crackers, and other archery heads I have met on the Elite forum, tell me that the Strother lineup is outstanding, I take their reviews seriously, as they like what I like in a bow. Seeing as I have a Strother SR-71 on order, and you just want to come on here and basically bring nothing to the thread, brow beating peoples' personal lives, their jobs, marriages...who cares...why and what they do...well like GMMAT said...lunacy.

Originally Posted by bigbulls
It isn't up to me but I will certainly not be pushing to pick up Strothers Archery. But we will be keeping Bowtech and Elite.
You state right here, that you will CERTAINLY NOT be pushing for the Strother lineup in your shop you are employed at, so why are you concerned with anybody that wants to do business with Strother Archery, since he won't affect your pocketbook??? BUT WAIT...Strother Archery could affect your pocketbook, as their lineup may be superior to the Elite, Bowtech, or other bow makers your shop offers, hurt your sales of bows, and THIS will affect your INCOME. It is all clear as windex clean glass now. I get it, I see your motive...the almighty dollar. So, now that the windex has cleaned the grime away...it is clear why you personally attack, and judge the Engineer of Strother Archery and their customers. I don't have a financial stake in Strother, Elite, Bowtech, Mathews, or any other bow maker. No kickbacks, no corporate staff adviser in my signature...zilch..nothing....EXCEPT...I have a passion for superior hunting equipment. That is why I am willing to bet, that Kevin has outdone himself again with these bows, and I can order a SR-71 sight unseen ,and pretty well know I will like it. My money, my choice.
What really is the underlying hope/agenda of some of these "Pro Bowtech..every other company sucks" guys posts, is to start crap with anyone that posts something about another bow maker, or if someone posts something negative about Bowtech. Thus, hoping some bickering will unveil, due to the one sided and ridiculous fan boy bashing, and then the thread can be deleted, locked, and swept under the carpet, so that only the Bowtech agenda is promoted. I have seen it happen many times over the years.

Last edited by hardcorehunter; 01-16-2010 at 02:45 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.