Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Strother Archery bows are shipping/site up to date >

Strother Archery bows are shipping/site up to date

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Strother Archery bows are shipping/site up to date

Old 01-15-2010, 09:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Just curiosity and observation more than anything.

However, I can't help but notice that aside from using a cam.5 system and split limbs for Strothers all of his bow designs are pretty much the same. He continues to create his own competition. I don't get it. There is going to come a point when the archery world gets enough Kevin Strothers founded bow companies. He can only be making it increasingly difficult on himself for the future.

If I were to start a company and it becomes a success and I get arrogant enough that the board of directors tells me to get lost so I start another company manufacturing the same product and they tell me to get lost again (pure speculation at this point), so I start another company manufacturing the same thing .............. It can't be a good thing for my future ventures. Seems far more productive and makes much better financial sense to get along with the people from the first company because I sure as heck wouldn't be able to put them out of business by being their competition two or three more times considering the previous companies continued to have ever increasing successes after I was told to hit the road.

Last edited by bigbulls; 01-15-2010 at 09:19 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GMMAT
Why does anyone care? Honest question.

Because speculation, innuendo and gossip are entertaining to some?

For the same reasons many like reality shows?

For the same reasons they flock to fires, accidents, etc?
Old 01-16-2010, 05:46 AM
Dominant Buck

P.S. camo patterns (camo at all for that matter) are highly overrated and not needed.
While I agree with you 100%, Big........I only stated that it WILL sell bows. Heck, it sells camo, every year.

If I were to start a company and it becomes a success and I get arrogant enough that the board of directors tells me to get lost so I start another company manufacturing the same product and they tell me to get lost again (pure speculation at this point), so I start another company manufacturing the same thing .............. It can't be a good thing for my future ventures. Seems far more productive and makes much better financial sense to get along with the people from the first company because I sure as heck wouldn't be able to put them out of business by being their competition two or three more times considering the previous companies continued to have ever increasing successes after I was told to hit the road.
IF bows were only designed every 4-5yrs., I'd agree with you. But, the bows everyone was raving about in 2007 are old news today. You think the guy who designed the 1st Chrysler minivan designed himself out of a job.....if he went to Toyota? The ability to introduce innovative (if they truly are) designs is a hot commodity in many markets. Bows are changing every year (or, they're introducing new models each season). I don't think the bows someone designed in 2005 are competing with the bows designed last year.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BigJ71

The only thing I really don't like (besides the fact it's not a single cam bow) is the short brace height. IMO it's not at all conducive to a good hunting bow.
The Vanquish is an 8" brace height bow, and is labeled their,"hunting" bow. Perhaps you missed this.

Old 01-16-2010, 06:30 AM
Banned

BB, get a camera, sleep outside his house, go through his trash, and sell your pics and story to the Enquirer. Doesn't this site still have a youth forum?
Old 01-16-2010, 07:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

As far as Camo patterns is concerned. I am sure if you did a national poll Predator would end up way down the list in popularity. I as well as many others on the forums do like Predator and other open patterns such as ASAT.

I doubt that will have much of an impact on sales. I am sure the decision to go with Predator had as much to do about cost and profit margins as the few who would actually request it.

I know the people who dip my rods say they do Not have to pay royalities on Predator, but the royalities on Mossy Oak, and Realtree patterns are ridiculous. So there is a definite savings.

That is the reason you have seen Mathews market their own pattern (Lost Camo) A very smart move indeed, and it has been well accepted.

IMHO I think you will see more bow companies follow suit. The Big Camo companies are becoming greedy and are cutting their own throat as far as I am concerned.

Dan
Old 01-16-2010, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hardcorehunter
BB, get a camera, sleep outside his house, go through his trash, and sell your pics and story to the Enquirer. Doesn't this site still have a youth forum?

That would be consisdered stalking ---something someone does when they are so obsessed or infatuated with someone they cant stop talking about them
Old 01-16-2010, 07:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by dprsdhunter
That would be consisdered stalking ---something someone does when they are so obsessed or infatuated with someone they cant stop talking about them
Bingo!!!!!!!!
Old 01-16-2010, 07:50 AM
Banned

IF bows were only designed every 4-5yrs., I'd agree with you. But, the bows everyone was raving about in 2007 are old news today. You think the guy who designed the 1st Chrysler minivan designed himself out of a job.....if he went to Toyota? The ability to introduce innovative (if they truly are) designs is a hot commodity in many markets. Bows are changing every year (or, they're introducing new models each season). I don't think the bows someone designed in 2005 are competing with the bows designed last year.
I agree....
Old 01-16-2010, 08:08 AM
Banned

WTF does a man's home life have to do with ANYTHING on a hunting forum.....or with his business ventures?

If you know anything about business, you'll know that some of the world's greatest business minds and successes headed failed ventures....and were fired or bankrupt several times before achieving their ultimate notoriety.

That being said, I'm trying to figure out which of his former ventures you'd view as a "failure"?????????

I don't have a dog in this fight. But some of this crap is pure lunacy!
I agree..well said

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.