Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Strother Archery bows are shipping/site up to date >

Strother Archery bows are shipping/site up to date

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Strother Archery bows are shipping/site up to date

Old 01-10-2010, 03:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by GMMAT
Rob:

It's located right below Hardcore's invitation to you to join his thread on Strothers Archery.
Um, as an administrator here on HNI, I have a reason to view threads where there is controversy as well as does every mod here and when I see a repeating trend, it's also necessary. So my question remains.

Edit: And alias will not be tolerated. You know who you are.

Last edited by Rob/PA Bowyer; 01-10-2010 at 03:38 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:37 PM
Dominant Buck

Go back and decipher where the "controversy" entered this thread. It won't be a hard task.

Hint: It's comparable to when the "controversy" entered the AT Strothers thread.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

Two honest questions, both of which were answered professionally from a staff member of Strothers and to whom I thanks very profoundly.

What's your point?
Old 01-10-2010, 03:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by GMMAT
Go back and decipher where the "controversy" entered this thread. It won't be a hard task.

Hint: It's comparable to when the "controversy" entered the AT Strothers thread.
Here, it's when you entered the thread, the second time.

There, it's when Kevin himself attacked an honest question. One that I might add could take the stance of HCH's buyer beware thread, trying to help the future consumers. The phone number is now on the website. ;-)

Dan said nothing controversial. HCH jumped on the staff. I asked Don, not you a question. You can politely hit the back button. It's nice of you to team with Don but he's a big boy, he can speak for himself.

Last edited by Rob/PA Bowyer; 01-10-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rob/PA Bowyer
Are you okay with Kevin attacking members on AT who ask questions on his bows Don?

Many posted on the Strothers bow thread that they will NEVER buy a Strothers for the unprofessional way he attacks people. Does that sit okay with you?
My only dealings with Kevin have been all top notch. Let me relate one that really comes to mind. I bought a new 06 E-500 Elite this last Dec at a Scheels in Des Moines, IA. I then joined the Elite forum and was pleasantly surprised to hear that I had bought what many consider, one of, if not, the best Elites ever made. Basically a cadillac version of the 06 Allegiance(side plates, barnsdale limbs, Winners Choice string)..Elites speed bow for 2006. Now for the rest of the story. I needed 29" mods for this bow, and mods were hard to come by according to Scheels, for this year of bow. I sent Kevin a PM, and he said he would take care of me. He then sent to me the next day, mods and screws, addressed with his own handwriting, his name, and Washington State address. Finally Scheels got around to getting me a set too, but Kevin was right on it. He gets on the forum and actually discusses archery with us, questions we have on bows, and whatever. I posted a pick of an 06 Elite E-Force I bought sight unseen from a dealer in IL for a steal this year. The guy is so good, he looked at the pic and immediately said the cables were crossed, evidentially from the dealer, as the dealer had changed the draw length mods from the original ones. The bow shot fine, and no one would have probably ever caught this. The guy knows archery and is considered by many as a genius in the field.
Now, as far as Kevin attacking members on AT for posting questions on AT, I can only assume that Kevin attacked them, as they attacked him 1st. I don't know anything about this, and he hasn't ever attacked me. Human nature to defend yourself, especially from keyboard idiots that know nothing about you, your life, or who you are. People are always jealous of successful people. Like I said, nothing but professional behavior from him to me, and he knows how to make a top of a line bow.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by hardcorehunter
My only dealings with Kevin have been all top notch. Let me relate one that really comes to mind. I bought a new 06 E-500 Elite this last Dec at a Scheels in Des Moines, IA. I then joined the Elite forum and was pleasantly surprised to hear that I had bought what many consider, one of, if not, the best Elites ever made. Basically a cadillac version of the 06 Allegiance(side plates, barnsdale limbs, Winners Choice string)..Elites speed bow for 2006. Now for the rest of the story. I needed 29" mods for this bow, and mods were hard to come by according to Scheels, for this year of bow. I sent Kevin a PM, and he said he would take care of me. He then sent to me the next day, mods and screws, addressed with his own handwriting, his name, and Washington State address. Finally Scheels got around to getting me a set too, but Kevin was right on it. He gets on the forum and actually discusses archery with us, questions we have on bows, and whatever. I posted a pick of an 06 Elite E-Force I bought sight unseen from a dealer in IL for a steal this year. The guy is so good, he looked at the pic and immediately said the cables were crossed, evidentially from the dealer, as the dealer had changed the draw length mods from the original ones. The bow shot fine, and no one would have probably ever caught this. The guy knows archery and is considered by many as a genius in the field.
Now, as far as Kevin attacking members on AT for posting questions on AT, I can only assume that Kevin attacked them, as they attacked him 1st. I don't know anything about this, and he hasn't ever attacked me. Human nature to defend yourself, especially from keyboard idiots that know nothing about you, your life, or who you are. People are always jealous of successful people. Like I said, nothing but professional behavior from him to me, and he knows how to make a top of a line bow.
Good enough answer Don. keep that in mind. I'm happy your happy with the bows. I know he makes an exceptional bow. The Predator camo does rock!

Last edited by Rob/PA Bowyer; 01-10-2010 at 03:56 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:56 PM
Spike

Default Wow!

First let me say I am not attacking anyone for their comments! I just want to say from someone with a different look!

1. KEVIN WAS FIRED FROM BT: Yes he was, I worked for BT at the time 2000-2008. But Do anyone besides John S. and Kevin know what was said behind the closed doors, No. I hear alot of the stuff from the higher ups there, and at one point I can understand, but was there alternatives, Sure there was. Did he do something so detrimental to Bowtech that hurt them, No... But it is what it is! The good thing for all of us Bowhunters is that it created now 2 more Bow companies with a quality bow to chose from! Bowtech is what it is BECAUSE of Kevins designs, they have moved on and brought on new competent designers and are continuing to put out a quality bow! Elite, another Quality Bow company because of Kevin, So I have faith that Strother Archery will also provide Quality Bows for all of us interested in his line!

2. NOT GOING TO DRIVE 200 MILES TO TEST A SA BOW: That is fine, they are a new company and with the economy the way it is today I understand dealer being cautious with where they spend their money! That will probably change alot once the ATA is over and dealers and reps get to shoot a SA Bow. Bowtech wasn't in driving distance to everyone when they first started either! Hopefully a proshop near you gets one in for you to test before anyone can make a true statement about a item they must test it!

3. DIPPING YOUR BOW IN MOST CASES VOIDS THE WARRANTY: That is a incorrect statement! Since no bow company warranties the camo due to wear! The only cases I have seen is when a customer dips their cams will it effect the warranty due to the risk of the string jumping the tracking and causing damage to the limbs or cams for the string jumping the track and seizing the bow! Please if you can PROVE any bow manufacture that will Void the warranty due to having the bow (riser, pocket and limbs) dipped let me know so I can let customers know if they call me to redip their X brand bow!

With this being said I wish you all shoot the bow that makes YOU the happiest!!! But test alot of them before you buy because NEVER have archery customers had so many great options available to us!!!!
Old 01-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Oregon Hydrographics
First let me say I am not attacking anyone for their comments! I just want to say from someone with a different look!

1. KEVIN WAS FIRED FROM BT: Yes he was, I worked for BT at the time 2000-2008. But Do anyone besides John S. and Kevin know what was said behind the closed doors, No. I hear alot of the stuff from the higher ups there, and at one point I can understand, but was there alternatives, Sure there was. Did he do something so detrimental to Bowtech that hurt them, No... But it is what it is! The good thing for all of us Bowhunters is that it created now 2 more Bow companies with a quality bow to chose from! Bowtech is what it is BECAUSE of Kevins designs, they have moved on and brought on new competent designers and are continuing to put out a quality bow! Elite, another Quality Bow company because of Kevin, So I have faith that Strother Archery will also provide Quality Bows for all of us interested in his line!

2. NOT GOING TO DRIVE 200 MILES TO TEST A SA BOW: That is fine, they are a new company and with the economy the way it is today I understand dealer being cautious with where they spend their money! That will probably change alot once the ATA is over and dealers and reps get to shoot a SA Bow. Bowtech wasn't in driving distance to everyone when they first started either! Hopefully a proshop near you gets one in for you to test before anyone can make a true statement about a item they must test it!

3. DIPPING YOUR BOW IN MOST CASES VOIDS THE WARRANTY: That is a incorrect statement! Since no bow company warranties the camo due to wear! The only cases I have seen is when a customer dips their cams will it effect the warranty due to the risk of the string jumping the tracking and causing damage to the limbs or cams for the string jumping the track and seizing the bow! Please if you can PROVE any bow manufacture that will Void the warranty due to having the bow (riser, pocket and limbs) dipped let me know so I can let customers know if they call me to redip their X brand bow!

With this being said I wish you all shoot the bow that makes YOU the happiest!!! But test alot of them before you buy because NEVER have archery customers had so many great options available to us!!!!

First, welcome to the forums.

Second, excellent post and I concur 100%. I've said it before, it's a wonderful time to get into archery. Bows are more and more amazing every year and that's why most are doing well.

Third. I hope to read more from you. again, welcome.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Welcome OH!! I hope to see you around on here a lot.

Dan
Old 01-10-2010, 05:37 PM
Dominant Buck

Quote - Poorguy
2 questions.

1. When will the pictures actually be added to their website and the website actually update?

2. There is no phone number for contact on Strothers' website. Is that a concern for the fan base? Bowtech seems to be slammed because of this.

Thanks for you time.
Two honest questions, both of which were answered professionally from a staff member of Strothers and to whom I thanks very profoundly.
Seriously? I keep hoping the bell will ring.....and you'll see how (at least the highlighted portion) is FAR from just an "honest question". What follows after the highlighted portion drew the goat boinkin' reference.

How would learning the answers to those questions help you? Why do they (the answers) concern you? What were you hoping to gain in learning the answers?

The thing you guys either: 1. Don't realize....or 2. Don't care about....is you represent (both of you) a bow manufacturing company....and (1 of you) an internet website (as an administrator). Whether you like it or not, you signed up for....and are held to a higher standard of conduct than the general hunting public (forum members).

The sooner you guys realize this......the less harm will be done to your (Bowtech's, as a company....and your own, personally) names in similar threads.

The point is....there really WAS no bashing in this thread. No negativity. Nothing to be alarmed about (as a representative of Bowtech OR as a forum administrator). Nothing to see, here.....move along!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.