Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Baboon Headshot - have to see !! (not for Sensitive People) >

Baboon Headshot - have to see !! (not for Sensitive People)

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Baboon Headshot - have to see !! (not for Sensitive People)

Old 12-28-2009, 12:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

What I meant was why would you expect some dumb *** from some big city to not shoot that thing in the head. My guess is it was some one week hunter who pays someone to put him infront of an animal so he can kill it.
Originally Posted by m9a9g9i9c
BigT,

what has place or species have to do with ethics ? And what has cost or expenses have got to do in this case ? Not a Gdamn thing.
I would gladly pay for a good PH plus hunt, but if I only see critters, I wouldn't shoot one in the head just to show off.
Like IamH said, there's a big difference between lust and love...

F.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by deerchump
Did you watch the clip? It was definitely a kill shot. So what is so unethical about it?

Just because you or me aren't an accurate enough shot to be certain we could make a clean kill DOES NOT mean the hunter in this clip doesn't have the ability.

It was a one shot kill. What is everyone freaking out about? I've seen deer run long distances with shots in the lungs, heart, liver, etc. I've never seen anything run with it's brains blown out! I think the argument could be made that a head shot is the most lethal shot placement. I do understand it has a small margin of error, but that doesn't make it unethical if you have the ability to hit within that margin.
It was a great shot. The reason I say it's unethical is because it's a risky shot. I think that guy had some luck with that shot. My groups at 40 yards are a little bigger than the size of a pop can but the target doesn't move. I would never take a shot like that. I don't khow how close he was when he took that shot but he had the confidence to take that risky shot there's no reason why he couldn't have chose a vital shot. It's not like it upset me. My hunting ethics are gonna differ from others and i'm fine with that. Nobody has to agree with mine. I will keep hunting the way I think iS right as will everybody else hunt the way they think is right. It was a good a shot though.

Last edited by Mike L; 12-28-2009 at 03:14 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

I see no reason why he could not have taken that vital shot when he made the head shot. My guess is he wanted the headshot for some reason.
Originally Posted by Mike L
It was a great shot. The reason I say it's unethical is because it's a risky shot. I think that guy had some luck with that shot. My groups at 40 yards are a little bigger than the size of a pop can but the target doesn't move. I would never take a shot like that. I don't khow how close he was when he took that shot but he had the confidence to take that risky shot there's no reason why he couldn't have chose a vital shot. It's not like it upset me. My hunting ethics are gonna differ from others and i'm fine with that. Nobody has to agree with mine. I will keep hunting the way I think it right as will everybody else hunt the way they think is right. It was a good a shot though.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:22 PM
Spike

Mike L, Just to respond to the question you raised about the shooting distance on that Baboon, it was 15Yards.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bypasskiller
shooting a baboon at all is stupid. i hope a pack of them comes in and rapes your esophagus.
Of the thousands of post's I've read over the years, this has to be THE funniest! LMAO
Old 12-29-2009, 12:06 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bigtim6656
What I meant was why would you expect some dumb *** from some big city to not shoot that thing in the head. My guess is it was some one week hunter who pays someone to put him infront of an animal so he can kill it.
Maybe I missed something, but why does someone have to be a "dumb *** from some big city" because they chose to do something unethical?

Maybe you should run a spell and grammer check next time you take shots at people Einstein.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by gutshotem
Maybe I missed something, but why does someone have to be a "dumb *** from some big city" because they chose to do something unethical?

Maybe you should run a spell and grammer check next time you take shots at people Einstein.
Hey Einstein, you need the spell check. It's grammar not grammer.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:13 PM
Banned

Well, that sucks, they took your vid off
Old 12-29-2009, 05:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by early in
Hey Einstein, you need the spell check. It's grammar not grammer.
LOL
Old 12-30-2009, 04:18 AM
Spike

For the purposes of this forum, if anyone want to see the clip again i can email it to you.
let me know, but we will not make it public again.