Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Baboon Headshot - have to see !! (not for Sensitive People) >

Baboon Headshot - have to see !! (not for Sensitive People)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Baboon Headshot - have to see !! (not for Sensitive People)

Old 12-23-2009, 01:55 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by my7pointmonster
We're good people here.
What i can say is that i have learned allot from u guys, and ido realise that this might be a bit on the edge, and we are already working on replacing this with a more apropriate clip.

Thanks to all the posative comments, and showing me the wrongs of
my poor choice in clips.

To be honest i was a bit hasty in posting the clip and The outfitter
of select safaris instructed me to fix this asap.. Not to happy with me...

If i have wronged anybody in any way i apologise.
This is not the image select safaris carries out..

Happy hunting in 2010..
Old 12-23-2009, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

IBH, the other 10% are brain dead like me. This morning, as I was typing, my son was having surgery at Denver's Childrens Hospital. My thoughts were truly with him. I did, however, feel an urgent need to reply to this particular thread. I hope you can forgive my math error. My son is home and doing well, by the way.

Marvel,

Thank you for taking the time to correct this mistake. I know all parties involved will grow from this point forward. I do ask though. Will you take the time to participate in an International Bow Education Program (IBEP)? It would really help!

To everyone else,

Marvel made a mistake, and he is now aware of the fact. We can be teachers and grow our love, or we can be baboons. It's your choice...

I elect to help the man out. You're welcome Marvel.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

i hate monkeys. of ALL varieties. kill em all. filthy buggers.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jerry d
It's a dumb high risk shot!!!!!! Any respectable bowhunter wouldn't take that shot!!
Very true.......
Old 12-24-2009, 02:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

What i can say is that i have learned allot from u guys, and ido realise that this might be a bit on the edge, and we are already working on replacing this with a more apropriate clip.

Thanks to all the posative comments, and showing me the wrongs of
my poor choice in clips.
While I do not agree with head shots period, regardless of the animal of choice. I think you all showed him what it is that most do not like about it..
I am not from his country and how they enjoy doing things over there. But I also see this guy has tried to learn from his mistakes and hopefully has learned alot more about why. The part of any good hunting forum is educating those that do not know. Perhaps this will be good for educating purposes and they will take the steps to improve things from thier country. None the less I hope that a lot was learned from it and better selection of hunters are hunting over there rather than just dollars shooting what ever they want and how they want to..
Old 12-24-2009, 03:40 AM
Fork Horn

Default Cant wait to get to Africa oneday

Originally Posted by marvelafrica
Look Guys i agree with most of the comment of high risk and wait for a better opportunity, but this baboon had made life thought on us, in previous hunts he jumped the string a few times.

we told the client of this guys reputation, and when this he came in we also expected the shot to be heart shot ext, but yes, the client had a good shot and he went for it.
Also keep in mind this shot was within 15 yards, and this guy knows his bow.

but the combination of getting this on camera and it being such a impressive shot, no one can argue that, and i bet if this situation had been anyone of us,
we would have considered placing that exact shot as well.

Well i would have, if i had that skill and it was that close...

I still think it is a very cool shot....

Hope you guys enjoy it....

Thanks for sharing it with us.
DB
Old 12-24-2009, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by moose1915
i hate monkeys. of ALL varieties. kill em all. filthy buggers.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:58 AM
Spike

So.... What is the point, Do they eat Baboons?
Old 12-24-2009, 09:58 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by iamyourhuckleberry
IBH, the other 10% are brain dead like me. This morning, as I was typing, my son was having surgery at Denver's Childrens Hospital. My thoughts were truly with him. I did, however, feel an urgent need to reply to this particular thread. I hope you can forgive my math error. My son is home and doing well, by the way.
Its all good brother, Hope all stays well with the family.

I just thought you were gonna have some super funny thing to say about the other 10% of people so I thought I would ask!

P.S. Sometimes I feel that more than 10% of the people in the world are brain dead!
Old 12-24-2009, 10:02 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by ricwild
So.... What is the point, Do they eat Baboons?
No... It's so that one doctor can brag to his lawyer that they harvested a monkey.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.