Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Baboon Headshot - have to see !! (not for Sensitive People) >

Baboon Headshot - have to see !! (not for Sensitive People)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Baboon Headshot - have to see !! (not for Sensitive People)

Old 12-23-2009, 01:01 AM
Spike

The Fact is it worked out, how many well placed shots en up in an animal getting away or needing to be tracked for days, that is hunting.

Good shot, bad shot,Lucky shot or stupid shot, it is on video as a dead shot.
I would not advice people to try this, but this guy did it and it worked, good for him.

as for the attention, yes and no, it might attract wrong attention, but so does any hunting related clips, why should hunters hide.

Thanks for your input and i appreciate your concerns!
Old 12-23-2009, 03:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

You're an idiot.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Marvel.

Do you know the diffeerence between "Lust" and "Love"? One is a sin the other calculates the chance on a successful relationship between two entities. Your video depicts the former of the two. Even more so knowing that your client was 'good with his equipment'. You and he have done the rest of us, who care so much about this great hertiage of ours, a huge disservice! Think about it man...10% of us hunt, 10% percent do not. The remaining 70% watch as we move about. When we sin (without care, without feeling), that 90% combined (10%+80%=90%) rebuke. They, get this, vote! The government steps in, like they did in South Africa, and rules/lifestyles change-usually not for the better! We lose everything we have built, and that, my friend, is a lot! Why? Because you didn't care! You got in bed with a whore and are trying to make excuses for your/his shortcomings! The truth, your client wasn't hunting! He was fulfilling some self-indulging act. Sadly, you let him do it!

Here's the big question. What are you going to do now? We all sin, and we can all forgive sin. You can fix the mistake or you can continue making excuses. The path is right there in front of you. We're all watching. Are you going to take the "idiot" trail (and possibly screw it up for all of us) or the "righteous" course?

You asked, we answered.

Make the right choice!

Cheers

Will

Last edited by iamyourhuckleberry; 12-23-2009 at 05:07 AM.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

guys where talking a baboon in africa. The guy who shot it was on some costly hunt. Good shot, stupid shot. Would I do it no.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:59 AM
Typical Buck

BigT,

what has place or species have to do with ethics ? And what has cost or expenses have got to do in this case ? Not a Gdamn thing.
I would gladly pay for a good PH plus hunt, but if I only see critters, I wouldn't shoot one in the head just to show off.
Like IamH said, there's a big difference between lust and love...

F.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:11 AM
Fork Horn

shooting a baboon at all is stupid. i hope a pack of them comes in and rapes your esophagus.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by marvelafrica

Love it... what do you think...
Since you ask. I think the fact that you "love it" shows what kind of hunter you must be. Why would you want folks to see THAT?
Old 12-23-2009, 08:53 AM
Spike

What gets me is the fact that people react on the baboon and not the shot, i have visited numerous video clips on turkey head shots with bows rifles etc, Rabits Deer and much more. nobody reacts to them in this manner.

What makes the baboon any different? the shot is Good, and that is what everything is about, i have looked at some posts and people mentioning that why shoot a Baboon, Baboon makes a beautiful trophy, and this was one of the trophies the client wanted,he can afford it. Why not Shoot it, because people don't think shooting primates is nice ?

Yes the shot seems Graphic, but hell any kill shot is Graphic, just look at some of the Profile pictures in this forum, they are in cases more graphic than this baboon clip.
Ethics, that is an argument that can go a long way.

Guys please, don't get on my case for sharing what seemed to me as being a good shot and something you do not see everyday.

Just to make a small correction on the perception on this site, i was the Cameraman and we did the Editing on the Clip.
The PH did instruct the client as to the vital areas, the client made the choice he was comfortable with.

Watch the clip Enjoy it, or don't watch it, the ideas was to share it with other bow hunters, but it seems the hunting fraternity has lots of different views, leave me to mine, you have yours.

There is a lot of people who liked the clip, great, i like it.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:09 AM
Typical Buck

You are promoting a business with this garbage? Why the hell would you choose that clip? Even your horrible gramatical responses hurt your business.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:19 AM
Spike

Just changing to a better subject an hopefully better Graphics...
a merry Christmas to all in Huntingnet.com Land.

Hope you take our wishes better than our choice of video clips :-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.