Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
the mathews reezen 7.0 >

the mathews reezen 7.0

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

the mathews reezen 7.0

Old 12-21-2009, 09:10 AM
Fork Horn

Default the mathews reezen 7.0

any good/bad reviews on it
im thinkin of gettin one for next season
Old 12-21-2009, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Drew one back and I didn't like the draw cycle. Very harsh draw cycle. I thought I wanted one but I'm checking into the Z7 and the Bowtech Destroyer.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:59 AM
Fork Horn

ok im a novice ill admit but draw cycle is like the way you pull it back and how it feels im guessing?
Old 12-21-2009, 10:19 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by shottyhunter24
ok im a novice ill admit but draw cycle is like the way you pull it back and how it feels im guessing?
Correct.. the cycle is from start to finsh when you pull the string back (drawing your bow). And a lot guys are very particular about the cycle because some bows, especially a single cam like most bow techs seem to have a much smother cycle, even though the Reezen 7.0 is a solo cam, they guy above seem to think the draw cycle was still a little harsh. Same with your speed bows like the Mather Monster which have a double cam, you notice whats called the Hump right in the middle of the draw cycle. That is coming from both cams breaking over at the same time just before you get to the let off and have your bow at full draw. Makes for a rough draw trying to break them big cames over to get all that velocity when you release. I personally like a Hoyt because most are a cam 1/2 and tend to have a smooth draw cycle and plenty of raw power to get the job done. Plus they are built like a cast iron skillet!! Not taking away from any of the other top brands like Mathews or Bow Tech, I've shot them all and the Hoyt just felt right to me. Go shoot a few different models and see what fits you best. Good luck and Hope I didn't confuse you on any of this lol
Old 12-21-2009, 12:27 PM
Fork Horn

I love my Reezen 7.0. I was a little nervous when I got it because I used to shoot a Switchback and that bow was a really nice shooting bow. For me, when I first started shooting it I thought it was kinda hard to "tame" I guess you could say. I wasnt shooting groups like I could with my switchback. Now I am in love with it. Just took a little time to get to know each other I guess. The Z7 is one sweet bow though too!
Old 12-21-2009, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

good bow, but look into the Z7
Old 12-22-2009, 10:49 AM
Fork Horn

z7 is much better....
Old 12-23-2009, 09:54 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by krabbiepatty
z7 is much better....
Can you give me some details? I was looking at a Reezen as well. Why is a Z7 much better?

Thanks for sharing!
Old 12-23-2009, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

IMHO the Z7 has a much smoother draw, feels better in my hand and has virtually no vibration upon release.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

You really need to head to your Pro Shop a spend some time shooting it. This will allow you the chance to no only get the feel of the Reezen but it will also allow you the chance to shoot some oter bows for comparison.

For the record, I also that the Reezen was a lot more uncomfortable to shoot than many other bows. In fact, one of THE most impressive bows I've shot in a longtime is the new Mathews Z7. I was so imprssed with this bow that I traded in my DXT and ordered one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.