Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Cold weather bow gloves?? >

Cold weather bow gloves??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Cold weather bow gloves??

Old 12-20-2009, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Cold weather bow gloves??

well i thought i FINALLY found the perfect pair of hunting gloves but lastnight my hands got cold it was only 30 outside but i currently have these gloves http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...0005309921326a
and i was just wondering what the best gloves are for archery hunting?? i need something that is warm down to 0 degrees but is still light and i can have my release in the proper position so i dont have to take my glove off for a shot....any help is GREATLY appreciated...
Old 12-20-2009, 05:58 AM
Typical Buck

I like to wear a light glove and if my hands get cold, I stick them in my Muff. For 30 bucks a muff is a great tool and it will keep your hands warm.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:18 AM
Typical Buck

The wells Lamont leather mittens at your local farm store. Buy them a size too big . Wear your light gloves then stick them inside the mittens with you release.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:26 AM
Typical Buck

Default same idea

Yep, me too, a pair of camo gloves in fleece and two pack-heat handwarmers in the pockets of my vest or pants. You can get gloves as thick as you like, when you don't move, your extremities get cold, period.

F
Old 12-20-2009, 08:34 AM
Typical Buck

Wear a thicker glove that will keep your hand warm on your bow hand, and nothing on your shooting hand with maybe just a hand warmer or muff. Or, if you need to have gloves on, get a pair of these, what I have and work great http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...set=ISO-8859-1
Old 12-20-2009, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Kamil
I like to wear a light glove and if my hands get cold, I stick them in my Muff. For 30 bucks a muff is a great tool and it will keep your hands warm.
Ditto, and if its real cold, I will throw 4 hand warmers inside of the muff.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:12 AM
Fork Horn

the gloves I where are called deer hide, I think. They keep my hand pretty warm, and I can where them with my release. There not real bulky. I don't know if there is a "glove" that will keep your hands warm at 0 and still be able to use a bow, or a gun for that matter, without sacrificing something, at least one finger, lol
Old 12-20-2009, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

where is a good place to find a muff?? the gloves i have now wored fine for about 1.5 hours then got cold...
Old 12-20-2009, 04:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by solocamcan
Ditto, and if its real cold, I will throw 4 hand warmers inside of the muff.
Best combo you can have. I have "white finger syndrome"/Raynauds(sp) Syndrome and this keeps even my bare hands toasty.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

what muff does everyone use??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.