Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Best Camo pattern and Fit for bowhunting >

Best Camo pattern and Fit for bowhunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best Camo pattern and Fit for bowhunting

Old 12-20-2009, 04:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Vinny_HC
My camo is the Realtree AP HD reversible and I find I am wearing the winter camo side of the clothes to break me up more. The AP HD side is very realistic, but again from a distance it has the black-blob, solid object effect. The winter camo side, although a lot of white really breaks up at least.
Yep. welcome to "boutique" camo from the hunting industry fashion companies. Been that way for about 24 years now.

ASAT, Predator, snow patterns, etc. -as you found -actually do something to break up your outline/camouflage you. All that detail on the boutique camo does absolutely nothing for you in a practical hunting sense.

Sure does look pretty though hanging out with your friends.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well that sounds good. Looks like I have narrowed it down to Ultimate Camo and Predator camo. I'll just have to buy both, lol.
If you can, post some pictures of your ultimate camo when you get it. We are picture hounds here haha!! Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you.

Ryan.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

take a pic of the area you are gonna hunt at the same time of year your gonna hunt and blow it up at walmart..take it to the camo store and see for yourself which colors are gonna work...dark green might be ok in spring, but if your area gets brown and red in fall/winter, then your bright green outline will stick out more. i have guessed so many colors and been wrong in the long run..at least now i got something for everywhere
Old 10-06-2010, 04:41 PM
Spike

I use a combo since my woods has a mixture of deciduous and then about an acre of white pine. For the deciduous I wear ASAT 3D suit and for the pine, I use Natural Gear SCII as it works great for the natural ground blinds I have created. I usually carry a fanny pack with me and the suit rolls up nice so can use it if I feel on moving out of the bedding area.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Deer can't see colors, just in black and white and UV light. You can go in with jeans and a flannel shirt and be fine, why do you think gun hunters wear solid blaze orange and still kill lots of deer? Now I don't do that, but I wear Realtree APHD. Works good.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Fork Horn

Your clothes should fit you well and not be baggy, but they shouldn't be so tight it makes it hard for you to shoot your bow. I have payed the price for not drawing my bow after getting dressed. I had one of the biggest deer i've ever seen 20 yards from me broadside. It was 20 degrees, between that and my shirt being tucked in, I struggled to get the bow back. He gave me the flag. Ever since then i've learned to turn my bow down light so that i can pull it back without any more movement than necessary. I hunted the next year with it set at 54 lbs. Make sure you shoot your bow fully dressed for hunting. It makes a big difference in drawing, and a facemask and gloves make shooting different.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:55 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by HoytMT2332
Your clothes should fit you well and not be baggy, but they shouldn't be so tight it makes it hard for you to shoot your bow. I have payed the price for not drawing my bow after getting dressed. I had one of the biggest deer i've ever seen 20 yards from me broadside. It was 20 degrees, between that and my shirt being tucked in, I struggled to get the bow back. He gave me the flag. Ever since then i've learned to turn my bow down light so that i can pull it back without any more movement than necessary. I hunted the next year with it set at 54 lbs. Make sure you shoot your bow fully dressed for hunting. It makes a big difference in drawing, and a facemask and gloves make shooting different.
Best advice I was ever given.... Practice in what ever you think you might wear bowhunting. Also use the laundry detergent for hunter it may not eliminate odor 100% (which I personally dont think it does) but it does not have UV brightners like most detergents.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:17 AM
Fork Horn

No need to spend a lot of money on the lastest camo pattern to hunt deer. Buddie of mine has been wearing his marine issue fatigues for 10 years and kills deer. They all do the same thing; break-up your outline. I have all kinds of different camo patterns because I too fell into this trap when I was young. Every pattern I have worn killed deer. The reason they come up with so many patterns is because people will buy into it and spend more money. That's the bottom line. Everyone needs the latest and greatest now a days. Stick with what worked for you in the past and save your money. I would be more concerned about how it fits then what it looks like.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ryan, do you think this breaks you up enough? It does look like genuine tree bard, but from a distance I would worry that you will look like a solid gray object, no?

I've really REALLY noticed even on the ground deer Have an extremely EXTREMELY hard time telling what you are exactly. I stalked within 30 yards of 2 does one time before they caught on to what was going on and that was cause I started to cough. They kinda just look at you and give you a double take but they're genuinely not sure what you are and that's on the ground, I've never had a deer pick me off in the tree, and I've also had quite a few people who were looking for me walk right on by like I wasn't even there. Its good stuff I wouldn't recommend it to you if it wasn't.

Ryan.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Enigma has become my choice of camo. I can't say enough good stuff about this camo. Love the pattern and how It fits me. To me this stuff was made for a bowhunter.

Here's a link. Lots of Info here on what this camo does.

http://www.enigmacamo.com/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.