Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What is your Career?  Your free time? >

What is your Career? Your free time?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is your Career? Your free time?

Old 12-18-2009, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am a full-time minister. I work primarily with the youth (they call me the youth minister) at the congregation I attend, but also do many other things. I absolutely love my job, and would venture to say that I have the most flexible hours possible. Some office time is expected, but more than that, I interact with people. Kids have school during the day and adults have work, so my time spent with teens/pre-teens and their families in the evenings is where many of my hours come in. As long as I am accomplishing all of the things I am responsible for, how I spend my time is mostly up to me. This gives me lots of time to hunt. Don't get me wrong...I work a lot. I just added up the time I have spent working this week so far, (lunch time on Friday) and it is at 51 hours. And the week is by no means over. But it is truly a blessing...I get paid to do what I love to do. Wish more people could find that in their lives.

As for free time, hunting takes almost all of it during season. I have almost no free time in the summer in my line of work, doing things with kids so much while they are out of school. I spend a good deal of time with my wife. This happens throughout the year now that she is getting into hunting as well! I play Halo 3 online with some friends from college once in a while. I love fantasy sports. I play guitar. I study Jesus' ministry so that I can be more effective in mine. That's about it I reckon.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:53 AM
Spike

I'm currently working as an Online Sales/Media Manager with Rutt and Strutt Outfitters in Southeast Missouri. I've worked several jobs and I enjoy changing the "scenery" from time to time. I've lived in Charlotte North Carolina, Orlando, Springfield MO, and have done many things in my 24 years of existence.

I am a big part of the automotive and motorcycle scene so I have a lot of time dedicated to Car Clubs. I also do photography on the weekends when I'm not working or at car/motorcycle events. Hunting during the week is not possible for me, seeing as how I work 11 hrs + a day and all my daylight is spent indoors. Hoping to get to take the bow out a couple more times before the season ends here in MO.

Last edited by RuttnStrutt; 12-18-2009 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Addition
Old 12-18-2009, 12:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Actor / Model

Engineering Degree.
Old 12-18-2009, 02:05 PM
Typical Buck

die setter/press operator - until this recession hit-OUCH!!!! there is no jobs around here-none at all. i'm flat broke and hurting bad. i can't even support my son (let alone myself). been looking for anything for a long time,but there's nothing-not even part time. so if anyone knows of any jobs in the northwest ohio area-please let me know. my son and i would really appreciate it. when will this economy get it's s*** together?
Old 12-18-2009, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

US Army Drill Sergeant. What ever time my wife allows. Although I bought her a bow for x-mas. She's wanted to learn how to shoot for awhile. Hopefully we can hunt together next yr!!!! Then I won't have to wait for the glare when I say I think I'm gonna head out huntin today.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:15 AM
Spike

I bought my girl a bow last year to hunt with me. She likes it, but if it is cold, dark, raining, snowing, windy, or if she has something better in mind, it is next to impossible to get her to go. Oh and that "glare" you speak of never goes away. LOL!
Old 12-25-2009, 11:07 PM
Spike

Started out after high school as a Fireman for 10 years. Switched over to the police department and am going on 27 years. Trained Serbian and Albanian officers in Kosovo for 2 years. Retired once and made the mistake of going back to work when I should have simply found another hobby. Looking to buy some acreage and retire for good in the next 5-7 years. Hunting with my brother is still my passion as is riding the Wing.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:47 AM
Fork Horn

sorry to here about your bad luck.i lost my job in march.no job for 4 mounths.found new one in july.was truck driving.had to go back to turning wrenches.(industral mach. repair)not great money but good people to work with.i found it on craggs list.good luck to you,don't give up hope.
Old 12-26-2009, 04:37 AM
Fork Horn

Like Bob Dole's, my job is fine, "inside work, no heavy lifting," not that that stops me from complaining.

We have flex time plus I'm an old phart s.t. I get 6 weeks vacation. So I can come in at 6, work 6 hours, and get off at noon using only two hours vacation (semi officially).

I made a road trip up to "tornado watch" near La Crosse back in the day (or was it Eau Claire?). We had our first beers about 9:30am. I'll bet they can't do tornado watch anymore - even in Wis. one has to be a little more discreet about their DWI.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:20 AM
Fork Horn

I've worked as an Environmental Inspector for a municipality in NY for almost 10 years. Not bad considering I'm only 28. Other than hunting and fishing as much as possible, I spend time with family and friends.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.