Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
For all you archers that have a disdain for crossbows..... >

For all you archers that have a disdain for crossbows.....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

For all you archers that have a disdain for crossbows.....

Old 12-15-2009, 08:24 AM
Typical Buck

Default For all you archers that have a disdain for crossbows.....

I give you this!

http://www.swivelmachine.com/html/rimfire.htm

Say it ain't so.

Can't believe they would be legal outside of canned hunts.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:36 AM
Typical Buck

Maybe i just didnt see it in the ad-how many fps are they saying this thing shoots? I cant imagine these things becoming legal, or at least i hope not.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:40 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by rh160kid
Maybe i just didnt see it in the ad-how many fps are they saying this thing shoots? I cant imagine these things becoming legal, or at least i hope not.
On gunbrokers.com they are claiming 435 fps with 130+ ft/lbs energy.

I hope not too
Old 12-15-2009, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

It is a gun that shoot arrows I guess. People will design anything.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:59 AM
Dominant Buck

I can recall a time when Compounds were not legal. How fast do compounds shoot? When things come to shove, I believe a compound is way to easy of a weapon to dispatch a deer with. My fasted trad bow only shoots 260 fps.

Watch out getting high and mighty. Some will find you to be a slob.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:48 AM
Typical Buck

crazy, i will continue on with my stick and string
Old 12-15-2009, 09:58 AM
Fork Horn

This season, Texas decided to allow xbows for archery only season. I can understand allowing it for people who have a disability and cannot otherwise pull a bow but its not my thing. I am hesitant to knock other people for those kinds of things though.

I will be getting a new compound after season and getting back into it. I had a PSE...crap, can't remember....PSE something that used for two seasons. Only took one shot at a doe and missed. And missed a jack rabbit, heh.

To me, the point of bow hunting is to accept a greater challenge and secondarily, extend your season a month (here in Texas, at least) but to some, I guess the secondary thing is their primary thing.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:20 AM
Fork Horn

Interesting concept but not new. I knew a guy that would put an arrow down the barrel of his 410 shotgun and shoot deer. evidently if you take the slug and powder out of the 410 shell the power from the primer is enough to shoot an arrow out of the gun. Claimed it was accurate out to 40 yards. never saw him shoot it because I wanted no part in that mess. I got out of there real quick before the DNR showed up.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im sure one on an AR15 platform is in the works if not already available.

Edit: wow that took no time at all
http://www.swivelmachine.com/html/stealth.htm

Last edited by DeerandbearhoG; 12-16-2009 at 10:36 AM.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:54 AM
Typical Buck

To me, the point of bow hunting is to accept a greater challenge and secondarily, extend your season a month (here in Texas, at least) but to some, I guess the secondary thing is their primary thing.
anyone who shoots with a crossbow normally (and should) clarify that they killed something with thier CROSSbow. I know some who say "I shot a nice buck with my bow" and it is misleading if done with a crossbow. I shoot a crossbow and have no issues with it but I KNOW it is more of a challenge to use the vertical. I mean you shoot something with your longbow you should clarify that as well. That is more challenging than a compound IMO.

Thing is it's all relative and who cares????????

Where I am you can use your bow or crossbow during the regular rifle season. Some guys choose not to rifle hunt at all in that case. Again I say who cares??????

Someone uses this thing....who cares????

Yes, the trad shooters have a greater challenge than the compund who have a greater challenge than the crossbows who have a greater challenge than the muzzleloaders who have a greater challenge than the rifle shooters.

If the next world record whitetail is skillfully "hunted" and eventually gets killed by of these gimmicks is it not more impressive than a bunch of guys in trucks running around pushing small bushlots taking cracks at a monster with thier rifles? That is in essence how the Hanson buck was killed but Milo still is never questioned as the Record Holder.

I think it's a dumb contraption but to each his own. If the next world record is killed by an archer all the gun hunters will start rumours it was shot after dark because they can get away with that LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.