Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Choosing a new sight >

Choosing a new sight

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Choosing a new sight

Old 12-15-2009, 08:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by sportsman22
The viper is almost the same as the xtreme. not buying anything that compares to the extreme.
Maybe in looks but not quality. They are top notch as far as I'm concerned. You cannot go wrong with Spot Hogg by any means but for less the Pro 2000 and Pro-MT are exceptional sights. I own 4 of them and have had zero issues. What issues are you having with Extreme?

I own 2 Viper Pro 2000's and 2 Viper Pro-MT's. Everyone I know that has gone that direction also loves theirs. Exceptional workmanship, I've had great customer service etc.. Pins very bright and so forth.

Other than the Octane line, I'm likely to not us another line for a very long time to come.

You can order direct from Viper's site or call them, you can configure the size and color of each pin individually (5 pins).
Old 12-15-2009, 08:24 AM
Typical Buck

The fiber keeps breaking. After it kept happening, I made sure I was careful not to break them, but somehow they kept on busting. I brought it into the bow shop and they said I am about the millionth and one person person who came in with the same problems. They stopped selling the Xtreme because everyone complained about them.

The Viper seems to have the same vulnerability. I think the spotthogg it nice, but I would like camo. DO they have camo for their sights?
Old 12-15-2009, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd take a serious look into vipers lineup.

Ryan.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:49 PM
Fork Horn

For the $$, look at the Sword line. The Sword Twilight Hunter is nice, well built, and has features that include 3rd axis adjustment, built in level, 3 phase light, and different color pins. I had an Extreme and just picked up a Sword, very pleased. If money is no problem then you may want to look at the Spott Hogg line.....Good Luck and Happy Hunting!
Old 12-15-2009, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm thinking very seriously that there are very very few people who have abused there viper sight as much as I have. And to be honest I couldn't be happier. And I do know what you're talking about about it looking vulnurable, but if I haven't broken it walking through the thick scrub oak and all the nasty swamp bottoms I've been through with mine, I highly doubt you'll experience any type of problem. Honest.

Ryan.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:51 PM
Spike

For me, my favorite sight I've owned and is on my bow right now is the G5 Optix XR. I absolutley love this sight. 3 fixed pins but one floating. Extremely tough, and very easy. Overall I believe it is one of the better sights you can get if you want to spend the money.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:29 PM
Spike

I also shoot viper sights. I have had good luck with them in the woods and at the range.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:42 AM
Spike

I wouldn't touch anything other than an HHA. It took me years to find, what i consider the perfect sight, and I will never look elswhere.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am a fan of Sword sights. Currently shooting the Sword Apex 3rd Plane sight.