HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Camera Rant....Help needed. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/312221-camera-rant-help-needed.html)

James Vee 12-11-2009 11:54 AM

Camera Rant....Help needed.

At the end of the season I gather up the cameras that aren't working and send them in for repairs. I have 5 this year that need to be repaired.
1 Cuddeback No Flash
2 Leaf River DC-1's
2 Stealth Cams, One AD3 and 1 V650.
I made my phone calls to Cuddeback and Leaf River and they went very well. Both companies were very nice and easy to deal with.
My third call was to Stealth Cam. After waiting in que for 13 minutes I was hung up on after a brief conversation. I explained that I was having issues with both cameras having very short battery life. It was recommended that I switch my batteries from Rayovac to Duracell or Energizer. (Which is funny because on a previous conversation with a different camera manufacturer they recommended the Rayovac) I explained that it was the camera that was having an issue with battery life, not the battery, and that I needed an RMA. Customer service response:
"Good luck with that....click".
I had them on speakerphone. My wife heard the whole conversation. I was in disbelief. I can't believe I got hung up on. Now I can't get through because the line is busy. If someone has a number to management I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
Was the response I got from customer service. And now I cant' get through because the line is busy.

DryForkSlayer 12-11-2009 12:18 PM

Yeh, I would be pretty pissed about that one! Sorry I can't help you with the number but it's pretty sad their customer service isn't any better then that. I would like to here more about it if you're able to get back in touch with them. Good luck!

halfbakedi420 12-11-2009 12:39 PM

get on the phone, ask for a supervisor...make sure you have at least a 5 minute chat b4 askin for another supervisor....takes awhile, but you will eventually get past the MOD and find a real manager. good luck..alwaz be nice and have a "i dont know what to do attitude" with them...

BvrHunter 12-11-2009 12:53 PM

Makes you wanna reach through the phone and choke someone lol I've been there. Your at their mercy and they know. Find out where the corperate office is and slash some tires, makes me feel better :)

Still waiting! 12-12-2009 03:15 AM

My cuddeback no flash and another hunting buddies cuddeback flash camera stopped working, I called cuddeback opened a claim up but I can't find my reciept to send back in with it so I'm SOL. I will never buy another one again it had very low pic quality and to many black and white pics,I had 2 steath cams go bad 3-4 yrs ago after 3 months of use, never bought another one ,no customer support.

James Vee 12-12-2009 05:03 AM

If the Cuddebacks were bought through Cabelas you should be able to find a receipt. Otherwise you will be charged about $80.00 for repairs.

Phil from Maine 12-12-2009 05:26 AM

I guess I am lucky or something but I have had no problems with my Stealth camera other than cold weather messing it up. It did come with the instruction of using the Duracell batteries. Those are what I used and I can get a lot of pics on it before changing them out.. They lasted me around 3 months so I am sticking with the Duracells..

I wouldn't like the service you recieved from them.. But did you try the Duracells? It just might be the issue you are currently having..

Brian K 12-12-2009 08:01 AM

It's hard for me to believe that a different brand of battery would make much of a difference.

Phil from Maine 12-12-2009 08:07 AM

Not really, I haven't had much luck with Rayovac period no matter what I have used them on. But none the less it is hard to tell the shelve life of the batteries either. As well as how long have they been setting on the shelf to boot.. Or in storage at a warehouse waiting to be sent out.. The same can be said of Duracell but they do appear to be a better battery for the trail cams anyhow..

rogerstv 12-12-2009 07:30 PM

I'd try to get to the CEO or the President of the company. Granted you won't speak to the person, but if you can get to his/her secretary, you'll have something.